Student Engagement CoordinatorUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University that is seeking a part-time Student Engagement Coordinator for the TRIO Student Support Services Program.
- Assist with the planning, designing and implementation of program activities
- Provide students essential learning support services and individual coaching to program participants
- Monitor the progress of Student Support Services program participants
- A Bachelor’s degree required. Studies in one of the following fields is preferred: Communication, Education, Developmental Education, Psychology, Social Work, or a related field
- Minimum of one year of experience in higher education working with populations similar to those that TRIO serves (low-income, first generation, or students with disabilities). Student experience may be considered as relevant work experience.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Strong organizational & presentation skills
- Ability to work with students, faculty, staff, administration and outside agencies
This 24 hour/week, 9-month, hourly position would begin in August 2018. This position may be offered as a full time, 40 hour/week, 9-month contract if the candidate is interested and able to meet the expectations for the concurrent posting of Professional Tutor. See additional details within that posting. If you are interested in a full time position and are able to meet the expectations for the concurrent posting of Professional Tutor, please indicate this in your cover letter.
To apply with a growing University for the Student Engagement Coordinator position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001. AA/EOE
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Mail:||2000 University Ave|
Dubuque, IA 52001-5099
|Apply by Email:||HR@dbq.edu|