Basic Education/Life Skills Instructor - Adjunct (Grant County Jail Location)Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, FENNIMORE, WI
This listing has expired
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, Fennimore, WI is committed to excellence in education. The College assists individuals to develop employment skills, a lifelong commitment to learning, and a respect for diversity. Programs and services meet the changing needs of business, industry, and society.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE:
· Teach basic education skills, GED/HSED prep, and employability and life skills including but not limited to career exploration, resume writing, interviewing, parenting, financial literacy etc.
· Design, facilitate, and revise activities that promote optimum student learning.
· Teach core ability skills and employability skills (resume writing, interviewing skills, etc)
· Promote continuous quality improvement of curriculum and program operations to increase program effectiveness.
· Incorporate the use of computer technology into the teaching/learning process
· Work cooperatively with current Southwest Tech staff
· Continuously evaluate student progress providing informative and summative feedback through formal and informal means.
· Ability to generate, organize, and implement course outlines and lesson plans to meet specific needs of students representing diverse occupations and backgrounds
· Assist with marketing the courses, seminars, workshops, etc.
· Administer academic, learning style, and career awareness assessments
· Provide applications based learning activities that accommodate a variety of learning styles.
· Pursue and maintain appropriate certifications, qualifications, and licensure to maintain a high level of technical competency.
· Other duties as assigned.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Internal and External applicants complete and submit the online employment application at https://www.swtc.edu/about/job-opportunities. For questions regarding the application process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.822.2314.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: July 15th, 2018
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY RANGES: Adjunct Hourly Range $17.00 - $30.00
(Pay calculation based on a semester load percentage, education and experience)
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates selected for an interview will be required to prepare a 15-minute classroom teaching demonstration. Information regarding this teaching demonstration will follow.
SELECTION PROCESS: The Review Committee will screen applicants and contact them for an interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final candidate’s employment offer will be subject to completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies. Call 800-362-3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809.
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|