Divison Director of SE Iowa Mental Health Centers and CrisisHillcrest Family Services, Washington, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
Job Summary: Directs and supervises the overall operations of the three SE IA MHC’s and works closely with the SE IA IHH Team as well.
Master's degree in health services field with experience in health care delivery with at least two years experience in health care delivery and supervision required. An M.S.W. or M.A. degree from an accredited school of social work, plus four years related human service experience, preferably with chronic mental illness treatment preferred. LMHC/LISW preferred.
- Directs and supervises the services for adults by providing clinical direction, administrative supervision and management of program services.
- Gives specific program directives to staff.
- Computer/keyboarding skills for patient information electronic record keeping.
- Acceptable agency driver required.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position.
- National Career Readiness Certificate preferred.
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Provides operational oversight to the Mental Health Centers and Crisis services as assigned.
- Meets regularly with staff who report to this position.
- Attends team meetings as appropriate both internally and externally as
able/available or reads meeting minutes or memos for updates.
- Gives specific program directives and ensures follow through.
- Attends joint meetings of supervisors and clinicians on a monthly basis.
- Provides crisis consultation/intervention to all staff within the Division.
- Handles client complaints/grievance procedures related to the Division.
- Facilitates dialogue between program staff and encourages integration of services.
- Develops specific written recommendations for program and staffing modifications and/or developments when needed.
- Provides supervision and direction to the Therapists, Nursing and Office/Support Staff, including case/ethical consultation as needed.
- Participates on HFS Cabinet and acts as a middle manager between the Vice Presidents and other staff.
- Markets the Division in the community by attending various meetings and by serving on internal and external committees.
- Identifies, cultivates and researches new opportunities for agency offerings with the existing and potential markets in conjunction with other Hillcrest Cabinet members.
- Makes recommendations for necessary contracts and reviews all applicable contracts as needed.
- Provides support to the SE IA IHH program staff when applicable.
- Assumes all other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Health Services.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|