Temporary Part Time Reference and Instruction LibrarianClarke University, Dubuque, IA
Clarke University is a dynamic, Catholic, liberal arts institution of 1200 students in traditional, adult and graduate programs. Located in the thriving city of Dubuque, Iowa, along the Mississippi River, Clarke was founded in 1843 by the Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
At Clarke University, everything we do is focused on making an impact on students so they can positively impact the world. For students, this means finding a place where they are empowered to find success that will last forever. For faculty and staff, it means more than just coming to work every day – it means truly being engaged across campus while working to create an experience that always puts students first.
Clarke University faculty and staff enjoy a comprehensive benefits package and a collaborative working environment. Outside of the university, faculty and staff benefit from living and working in a thriving city named one of the “most livable” small cities in the country and one of “Best Green Places” in the country.
For more information, please visit www.clarke.edu.
At Clarke University, we focus on making an impact on students so they can positively impact the world. For students, it means a place where more than facts are studied – it means new ways of thinking are explored. For faculty and staff, it means more than just coming to work every day – it means truly collaborating across the university to put student success first. It also means living and working in a thriving city named one of the “most livable” small cities in the country and one of “Best Green Places” in the country.
The University is currently seeking a qualified individual to assume the role of a temporary reference and instruction librarian. This is a part time position. (25 hours per week August 15th through December 15th)
Responsibilities are as follows: provide specialized information and research services to students, faculty, and others through in-person, telephone, and online chat; answer general library questions, provide individualized research consultation; participate collaboratively with library colleagues and faculty to develop, promote, and provide library and information literacy instruction, serve as back up staff to the circulation and information desk, may assist in the supervision of student workers at the circulation and information desk, assist with interlibrary loan, assist with design and help implement library marketing strategies, and maintenance/ troubleshooting of electronic resources, library databases, and other library software as needed.
- Master's degree from an ALA-accredited program.
- Excellent teaching and presentation skills with a high level of familiarity with teaching technology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a willingness to listen, the diplomatic skills needed to coordinate tasks among a diverse community.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Minimum three years academic library experience preferred.
- Working experience with library technologies/software/systems and integrated library systems products preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Work collaboratively with library staff in order to provide and maintain quality online services and resources
To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter and resume online at http://clarke.applicantpool.com. Resume review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|