Health, Safety & Environmental EngineerSedona Staffing Services, Mineral Point, WI
This listing has expired
Sedona Staffing Services is a, global staffing, recruiting, and executive search firm. We locate qualified professionals, who excel in their careers, and provide customized staffing solutions for our client companies. Nationally, we're part of , a global recruiting network, whose reach allows Sedona to recruit skilled candidates for highly technical, medical, executive, or hard-to-fill positions.
In summary, Sedona specializes in finding the right fit for both job seekers and businesses.
Our customized staffing solutions help businesses reduce costs and risk, increase efficiency, and provide flexibility.
Job seekers benefit from our free services and vast employer connections that aid in their job search and placement.
Health, Safety & Environmental Engineer
Location: Mineral Point, WI
Wage: $30 - $45 / hr
What you get to do:
- Establish strong safety presence and engage with manufacturing employees through daily observations and interactions with staff in production areas.
- Proactively identify hazards and monitor conformance to defined safety practices through daily observations and interactions with staff in production areas.
- Provide ongoing training and feedback to new hires through daily observations and interactions with newly hired staff in production areas.
- Lead discussions on safety topics, incident reports, risk assessments and hazard identification during daily manufacturing operations production review meetings.
- Serves as subject matter expert and drives efficient and effective closure of safety-related tasks in Manufacturing Change Request process.
- Provide proactive hazard identification and recommend solutions to manufacturing plant projects to ensure safety is accounted for during the planning phase of projects.
- Lead root cause investigations into First Aid and Near Hits incidents and drive corrective actions to closure.
- Lead hazard identification and risk assessment processes, prioritize, develop and implement controls.
- Update HSE Standard Operating procedures, Work instructions, HSE System Forms and Checklists in accordance with ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 & ISO 50001 standards and internal requirements.
- Perform audits on lock out tag out and permit to work systems.
- Conduct weekly inspections on Hazardous Waste / Chemical Storage area and ensure regulatory agency compliance i.e. labeling, containment, proper disposal, documentation, etc.
- Perform monthly inspections and maintenance on site emergency equipment (including fire extinguishers, early detection and alarm system, strobe lights, eye wash stations and fire exits).
- Lead by example in conducting BBS observations, analyze content from observations, follow up on safety work orders, communicate work order closure, and encourage participation from others on their shift.
- Conduct thorough and effective accident investigations that identify root cause and develop and implement corrective and preventive action plans.
- Develop a thorough understanding of key risk areas on manufacturing floor, prioritize, develop actions to address and escalate as necessary to drive improvement and closure.
- Serve as Project Leader for all safety projects and show tangible improvement in safety metrics.
What we need from you:
- BS/BA Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Environmental, Risk Management.
- Two to three years’ experience in Health, Safety, Environmental or a related field; technical education counts towards experience, Internship in professional area desired
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Solid working knowledge of federal, state and local regulations in OSHA, DOL and EPA compliance
- Working knowledge of (safety and environmental) management systems - ISO 14001 or OHSAS 18001 experience preferred but not required
- Experience with incident investigation processes and requirements
- Knowledge of principles of ergonomics, industrial hygiene and behavioral based safety strategies
- Ability to develop and enthusiastically facilitate training modules
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to lead, prioritize and motivate others
- Willing to work different shifts
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative and effectively contribute within a team environment
If interested in learning more, submit a copy of your professional resume to Amanda Saylor – Amanda@careerpros.com
Sedona Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This listing has expired
Mineral Point, WI
|Years of Experience||--|