East Dubuque Nitrogen Fertilizers, LLC, located in East Dubuque, Illinois, uses low-cost, North American natural gas to produce nitrogen fertilizer. The plant primarily includes a 1,025 ton-per-day ammonia unit and a 1,100 ton-per-day UAN. The facility is located on a 210-acre, 140-foot bluff above the Mississippi River with access to the river for loading certain products.
This position will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of safety training and field verification. Position will also have responsibility for assisting with conceptual design and project engineering/management of safety and health related to capital and expense projects to include fire detection and suppression systems, vapor detection and monitoring systems, mitigation systems, etc. Additionally, the position will be responsible for interfacing with operations, maintenance, projects and contractor personnel on complex issues. The incumbent will be required to actively serve on the facility HAZMAT Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience of direct related experience.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in various weather conditions as needed.
- Fluent in English, oral and written required.
- Ability to adjust schedule to meet business needs.
- Responsible for assisting the Manager Safety & Process Safety in implementing company Safety and Health systems to promote worker safety and health.
- Collect, analyze, review, and maintain safety related records associated with the operation of the facility (LOTO records, Confined Space Permits, etc.) preparing reports as requested.
- Review and revise safety procedures and programs as required.
- Coordinate health initiatives including IH monitoring, audiograms, respiratory fit testing, etc.
- Assists in the development and implementation of employee safety training guides and materials and trains new hires, contractors, and site personnel.
- Provide leadership in Continuous Improvement for facility; including participating in Safety Working group.
- Maintains Safety Data Sheets in the MSDSOnline Application and the backup paper SDS file.
- Participate in internal project team efforts and provides assistance and guidance to members of project team to gather information and implement changes recommended by the team.
- Ensures accurate completion of OSHA Forms 300, 300A and 301 (Recordable Case Log & forms).
- Responsible for identifying health and safety issues and problem-solving strategies
- Manages HAZMAT Team activities.
- Conduct internal audits and field verification inspections for all general health and safety, and process safety management programs, working with management and employees on the abatement of hazards
- Assists with the implementation of the Facility Security Plan, including periodic inspections.
- Supports the Facility’s Radiation Safety Program as needed.
- Participates in round-the-clock safety support program during Turnaround events.
- Manages Contractor Safety Program including auditing contractor safe work practices, verify training/certification and compliance with facility and/or field rules, as well as, ISNet World program.
- Drives proper incident and near miss reporting and investigations for all health and safety incidents.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Regularly communicate and collaborate with Supervisor on progress status, concerns and questions
- Continually build team relationships by maintaining a high level of field presence
- Successful individual performance is directly correlated to majority of time in the field engaging with employees to be fully compliant with all safety and health related policies and procedures.
- Support an effective safety training and timely orientation program for new hires that gives the employee a thorough understanding of and how to: work safe, comply with company policies and procedures, meet company expectations, and comply with Federal and State regulations.
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer service with internal clients, including employees, supervisors, and management by providing quality and meaningful safety support.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Implementation of Contractor Safety program assisting with the adherence to and full compliance with regulatory standards and best industry practices
- Efficient and valid analyses to support safety and process safety management recommendations
- Accurate and timely relay of critical and or time-sensitive information to management
- Efficient and effective completion of duties
- Improve the safety culture by providing innovative solutions to safety and health concerns through positive collaboration with operations and maintenance.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
East Dubuque, IL
|Years of Experience||--|