Buyer Of LumberDDI, Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
DDI, Inc. is a successful import/export company specializing in developing custom programs for small to medium sized retail groups, OEM manufacturers, and agricultural businesses.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, and offices in Seattle, Canada, China, and Japan DDI continues to see rapid growth of sales and clients. DDI sells full container loads of product by sourcing or manufacturing products and shipping it without needing additional outside services, such as quality verification, warehousing, customs brokerages, or freight forwarders. This allows DDI, Inc. to be not only highly cost competitive, but also timelier on getting product to the client.
Product programs include agricultural buildings, confinements, and ventilation; OEM metal or plastic products or parts; and retail products including hardware, lighting, furniture, lawn & garden, and outdoor equipment.
Flooring Manufacturer seeking a Lumber Buyer/Purchasing Agent
Prime Supply Flooring, an off-shore manufacturer of a wide variety of solid and engineered wood flooring is looking for a Lumber Buyer to join our Dubuque, Iowa based sales and procurement team. The successful candidate will be responsible for procuring lumber by developing relationships with mills and negotiating competitive purchases for export to our finishing facilities in Asia. Additional key duties include sales and marketing support for the Prime Supply business.
- Actively seek out, build and maintain supplier relationships with quality mills in the Midwest and East
- Negotiate pricing
- Write purchase orders and supplier contracts
- Manage customer/factory claims
- Assist with flooring sales in Midwest as needed
- Freight/Trucking scheduling
- 3-5 years’ experience as a buyer/purchaser
- Background in lumber buying a big plus but not a must
- Experience in supply chain management helpful (willing to train right supply chain management candidate in lumber buying)
- Strong interpersonal skills – oral and written
- Capable of working independently
- Some travel – 5-10 days per month
- College degree preferred
- Good familiarity with Microsoft Access/Outlook/Excel, Quick Books and order entry systems
- Competitive salary with production bonus
- Paid Vacation
- Health Plan
- IRA with match
DDI, Inc. is the parent company of Prime Supply Flooring and is based in Dubuque, Iowa and Kent, Washington. DDI is a design, development and manufacturing company that provides its wide range of customers with comprehensive solutions to their product development, production and delivery goals.
Contact DDI, Inc., 7425 Chavenelle Road, Dubuque, Iowa 52002
ATTN: Richard Walker
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|