Occupational Health Physician - Finley Hospital - Dubuque, IAUnityPoint Health Finley Hospital,
This listing has expired
A CAREER AT UNITYPOINT HEALTH - FINLEY HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health team members come for a job, but stay for a career. As a team member, regardless of your position, you'll get the chance to change lives on a daily basis in order to deliver our vision of the Best Outcome for Every Patient, Every Time. That privilege drives employees' passion for making a difference in the lives of our patients, helping them create healthier, more rewarding lives.
At UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital, we know our collective actions determine the experience we create. Our team members strive to work as one through four key values:
* Foster Unity
* Own the Moment
* Champion Excellence
* Seize Opportunity
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit http://www.unitypoint.org/dubuque/employment-opportunities to learn about our many opportunities and to fill out an online application.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital is a 126-bed community hospital. We employ more than 800 full-and-part-time employees. Finley Hospital is a not-for-profit, locally owned, regional healthcare facility part of the UnityPoint Health system. Finley Hospital is committed to bringing the best medical care to the tri-state area. We offer comprehensive, full service health care that is coordinated around our patients. We have consistently been recognized as a leader in health care.
The Medical Director is responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality medical care to patients in a manner consistent with the mission of UnityPoint Health - Finley Occupational Health. The Medical Director assists in the establishment and compliance of clinical standards and monitors current medical practices of staff and recommends change when appropriate. Medical Director professionally represents the services and clinical programs of UPH Finley Occupational Health to UPH Dubuque Medical Staff, in addition to other physicians, state, federal and regulatory agencies. Ensures all activities support the physician clinic goals of delivering high quality, cost effective care and services. Practices as a physician in the clinic(s) 90% of the time. Additionally the Medical Director provides specialty care with a high degree of expertise within the specialty of occupational medicine by formulating a plan based on assessment, examination, and selected diagnostic procedures within her/his scope of practice. Collaberates with peers, nursing staff and case managers as needed to ensure that high quality, comprehensive occupational health care services are delivered. Successful performance contributes to quality patient care and a high level of satisfaction from the patients and clients served. Ensures all activities support the physician clinic goals of delivering high quality, cost effective care and services.
Patient Care Provider 36 hrs/wk (20 @ Deere, 16 @ Occ Health)
Administrative Duties 3-4 hrs/wk at Occ Health
- Compliant with the Physician Employment Agreement.
- Represents the programs of UPH Finley Occupational Health at medical staff meetings.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with clients of UPH Finley Occupational Health;organizations and other health-related facilities.
- including patients, referring physicians, insurance carriers, government agencies, related
- Actively participates in activities pertaining to state, regional, and national occupational medicine
- Assists in the identification of unmet Occupational Medicine needs with regard to patient and client services within our market and assists in determining appropriate ways to meet those needs.
- Insures compliance with federal, state and local regulations affecting OH medical office practices;
- i.e., ACOEM, DOT, OSHA, A.D.A, etc.
- Assists in program development, policies, procedures and medical standards of care.
- Leads UPH Finley Occupational Health physicians and advance practice providers in the practice of occupational medicine; including clinical protocols, clinical benchmarking and clinical resource managemen
- Provides medical leadership to the UPH Finley Occupational Health Department by ensuring allstandards established by UPH Dubuque; including applicable statutes and regulations in Iowa.
- programs operate in a competent, professional manner in compliance with quality assurance
- Directs patient care processes and protocols to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
- Participates in the recruitment, hiring, retention and supervision of medical staff.
- Observes and evaluates compliance by clinic providers with program protocol and works to identify and resolve non-compliant physician and mid-level provider problems.
- Assists in the recruitment and selection of physicians and/or mid-level providers.
- Participates in continuing education programs for the clinic staff as appropriate and assists in the
- development of education and training programs for patients, clients and clinic personnel.
- Works collaboratively with the department director to achieve optimal clinic performance.
- Actively participates in activities pertaining to state, regional, and national occupational medicine organizations.
- Compliant with all UPH Dubuque policies, protocols and procedures related to personal behavior and medical practice.
- Ensures all activities support the physician clinic goals of delivering high quality, cost effective care and services.
- Maintains an active patient practice in accordance with the 90% time allocation.
- Performs other duties as requested to facilitate the effective medical operations of department.
- Maintains positive relationship with UPH Dubuque and medical referral resources.
- Facilitates and identifies customer needs outside of UPH Dubuque Occupational Medicine specialty and refers client and/or patient to the appropriate provider resources.
- Integrates and demonstrates FOCUS values and Standards of Behavior to guide professional behaviors, while adhering to the policies and procedures of UPH Dubuque.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, OSHA, DOT and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff and department director. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
M.D. or D.O. with Board Certification with active Iowa license.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in occupational medicine program and/or emergency department.
Prior experience as a Medical Director or Associate Medical Director is desirable. Experience in the performance of IME's, disability ratings and providing depositions preferred.
Current IA Medical License in good standing required; MRO Certification and DOT Examiner Certification required.
Completion of NAOHP Occupational Medicine certification courses.
Professionalism, Leadership skills, Adaptability, Relationship management, Teamwork, Collaboration, Flexibility, Interpersonal Skills
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|