Data Analyst InternCrescent Electric Supply Co, East Dubuque, IL
This listing has expired
Careers. Powered By You.
Crescent Electric Supply Company has been empowering employees for over 100 years. Today, we have grown to over 150 locations in more than 25 states throughout the United States and have become one of the nation's largest distributors of wholesale electrical supplies. We stock everything from lamps and light fixtures to industrial automation products and networking equipment.
The key to our business’ success is our commitment to our customers and employees. We value relationships and believe in contributing to the communities we serve in a positive way. Our growth is the result of our commitment to building beneficial relationships with our customers, suppliers, and employees through total customer satisfaction.
If you're looking for rewarding career opportunities, you can also visit our web site at https://www.cesco.com/crescent_careers.html.
- Create and implement ad-hoc reports as requested by writing SQL queries and manipulating data in Excel or by using our Business Intelligence tool Phocas to create dashboards, reports, and alerts.
- Assist with sales promotions by creating reports to track the promo, analyze the success of the promo and calculate the ROI of the promo.
- Create tables, views and stored procedures in SQL Databases. Along with performing general maintenance on our SQL Databases to maintain existing tables, views and stored procedures.
- Respond to support requests submitted to the Business Intelligence team, by letting Crescent Electric employees know the status of their request and also collecting information needed to help complete the request
- An openness to learning to write SQL code. Candidates will be taught how to write queries to databases. Prior experience with SQL will be considered a strong plus, but is not required. Candidates will be qualified as long as they have had a small exposure to programming in any language.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills will be required, specifically advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with pivot tables or the VLOOKUP function will be a strong plus, but are not required.
- A basic business background and familiarity with business terminology and metrics. Ideal candidate will have an interest in learning about the electrical distribution industry and about how business-to-business sales work.
- Experience working with or learning about databases is preferred, but not required.
- Must have ability to work quickly and accurately under time constraints and against deadlines.
- Must possess interpersonal and organizational skills, be a self-starter, be detail oriented, and have the ability to communicate (verbal and written).
- Must be of sophomore or higher level standing in college/university. Junior or Senior preferred, sophomores should still apply.
CESCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
This listing has expired
East Dubuque, IL
|Years of Experience||--|