Embedded Software EngineerJohn Deere Dubuque Works, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the key facilities in Deere & Company's Construction and Forestry (C&F) Division. The Dubuque Works manufactures backhoe loaders, crawler dozers, and skid steer loaders for the construction industry and knuckleboom loaders and tracked feller bunchers for the forestry industry. The Dubuque Works also serves as the Center of Excellence for the C&F Division in the areas of Product Engineering, Product Verification and Validation, Supply Management, and Product Support which includes the Dealer Technical Assistance Center. From a manufacturing perspective, the core competencies of the factory include plate and sheet cutting, machining, welding, paint, and assembly.
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the most innovative and productive facilities of its kind. From an Engineering perspective, techniques such as virtual reality and rapid concepting are used to assist in the design process. Our manufacturing facilities use state of the art techniques and equipment to produce products including CNC machining centers and a Manufacturing Execution System (MES). We are proud of how fast we can get new technology into the hands of our customers, and of the quality we can attain through a very structured and effective Product Development Process. Our Product Support teams use the latest techniques and satellite communication systems to keep the machines we make on the job, dayin and dayout. Additionally, outside of the factory our products are supported by an efficient parts delivery system, and a network of John Deere dealers and company field representatives, strategically located throughout the world to support the products we produce
We are dedicated to keeping our customers ahead of their competitors by supplying the most efficient, dependable machines possible. Through teamwork, a commitment to continuous improvement, and a major investment in aggressive, ongoing research, the Dubuque Works has helped John Deere become a leader in the Construction and Forestry equipment industry.
For more information on Deere & Company go to internet site www.deere.com
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Dubuque
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Embedded Software Engineer - 43027
Register to chat directly with hiring managers June 26, 2018 from 11 - 1 CST for our Dubuque Works Open House!
John Deere Construction & Forestry Division located in Dubuque, IA is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer. These positions are focused on the development of embedded software application and the planning and execution of embedded software testing on off-highway products to verify production readiness. You will:
- Design, develop, test, and debug software components used for electronically controlled systems on various Construction & Forestry products, while complying with a defined development process and coding standards.
- Align software test activities to meet Product Development Process schedules and follow C&F embedded software process, using best practices and tools
- Plan, develop, coordinate, and perform testing on the bench and machine in alignment with other Product Verification &Validation activities, as well as lead software documentation design reviews
- Provide support to update and debug software on test products
- Develop setup and scripts for automated testing
- Work with 3rd party partners in the development and execution software testing, both manual and automatic
- Participate on Agile-based software development teams and collaborate with cross functional product design teams developing various features, such as electro-hydraulics, powertrain, and/or operator interfaces.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 1 or more years of experience in Electrical and/or Software Engineering performing analysis, design, and testing for embedded software projects
- Experience reviewing and interpreting software requirements.
- Effective communicator with teamwork experience and ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and suppliers
- Good organizational skills
- Good analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of SAEJ1939 CAN Communications
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% (both domestic and international)
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
o Proficient with embedded systems tools, such as: emulators, compilers, simulators, etc.
o Experience with C or C++ programming languages.
o Knowledge of electronic circuits and components, such as: Micro Controllers, FETs, EEPROM/Flash,
etc., with the ability to read schematics and data sheets.
o Experience in Embedded Software Development for mobile equipment applications.
o Experience with software testing, tools, and processes
o Experience with SAE J1939 CAN Communication and analysis tools, specifically VehicleSpy or CANoe.
o Basic understanding of mechanical, hydrostatic, hydraulic, electro-hydraulic and powertrain systems
o Experience with software configuration management, software planning, and code reviews tools and/or practices
o Experience Model Based Software Design, preferably Mathworks (Simulink/Stateflow/Real-Time
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Software, or Computer Engineering
Master's degree in Engineering is a plus.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.