Residential ICF/ID SupervisorArea Residential Care, Dubuque, IA Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1968 and headquartered in Dubuque, IA. Area Residential Care serves people with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities. Several residential options are offered to meet individual needs as well as vocational programs that create opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the workforce. Services are primarily provided to residents of Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clayton, and Jones counties in Iowa. Area Residential Care serves 250+ individuals and employs over 200 staff members.
MISSION STATEMENT It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
VALUE STATEMENTS Area Residential Care is committed to values that support its mission statement
The Supervisor is responsible for managing all components of the service delivery at a specifically assigned agency ICF/ID home. The successful Supervisor will ensure highly trained staff are in place that follow approved active treatment, program and activity plans; adhere to agency procedure and policy; and facilitate best practices in all levels of service delivery. The Supervisor will regularly monitor programs and provide feedback for growth.
What you do:
- Monitor and direct the staffing, documentation, training, and quality assurance in assigned ICF/ID community living home serving 8 individuals.
- Facilitate best program practices.
- Complete regular observations of each staff to support, train, provide feedback, and, if necessary, discipline staff in the carrying out of their responsibilities.
- Ensure that agency and ICF/ID policies and procedures are in place and being followed that satisfy requirements of agency, licensing, funding, legal and accrediting sources.
- Coordinate staff scheduling with other supervisors in the department and agency.
- Monitor compliance with safety requirements in the assigned home.
- Complete emergency drills and environmental safety inspections according to agency timelines.
- Ensures staff follow policy and procedures in passing medications.
What you need:
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and explain/implement behavior and training plans written for agency consumers.
- Ability to comprehend and complete/review payroll; and prepare and/or review purchase requests, expense reports, etc.
- Must be certified to pass medications upon completion of agency sponsored training; exceptions may be considered in highly unusual situations.
- Requires the ability to travel between various agency sites regularly and also some non-local travel upon occasion.
Supervisors primarily work 2nd shift hours (ex: 11am/12pm/1pm - 7:30pm/8:30pm/9:30pm). Must be able to flex for 3rd shift presence as needed.
Schedule options are Sun-Thurs, Tues-Sat, or a rotating weekend schedule. Holiday on-call is required on a rotating schedule with other Supervisors .
What We Offer:
- Full benefits package (Life, Health, Dental and Vision Insurances) for full time staff
- 401k with employer contribution
- Paid Time Off after 90 days
- Accrued disability time
- Paid training
- Advancement opportunities
- Employee Referral Program
- An opportunity to make a positive, lasting impact every day in a fun and upbeat family work environment!
Area Residential Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This listing has expired
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|