FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
A successful candidate will be responsible for designing and developing a broad array of products to meet specific customer needs. This position requires a demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD or SolidWorks which will be used extensively in this position. This person would be responsible for producing quick and accurate drawings and delivering projects on time. Must be able to manage complex projects including researching, designing and/or developing methods which will increase operational efficiency. Position requires strong analytical ability with emphasis on problem solving. Must be able to analyze a problem, recommend a solution and drive the implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in project calls and meetings to understand the needs of a customer
- Utilize AutoCAD or SolidWorks software tools to create building blueprints including overall layouts and all relevant construction details.
- Utilize AutoCAD or SolidWorks modeling to develop new components and products, create part and assembly drawings for manufacturing.
- Develop practical solutions to unique challenges posed by a customer’s requirements.
- Providing creative ideas and cost saving ideas as a way to improve product design.
- Work with manufacturing personnel, both internal and external to improve design details
- Review existing designs and templates for accuracy.
- Work on multiple projects while remaining highly organized.
Ideal Applicant Possesses:
· Proficient knowledge and experience with 3-D modeling software, SolidWorks or AutoCAD.
- Associate degree or related experience.
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- High initiative with good communication skills and attention to detail.
- Well-rounded technical and business skills, accountable, flexible.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and work through design issues both individually and as a team member.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Phone:||563-875-2288|
|Apply in Person:||1440 Field Of Dreams Way|
|Apply by Mail:||1440 Field Of Dreams Way|
Dyersville, IA 52040
|Apply by Fax:||877-654-3291|
|Apply by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|