Embedded Software Test EngineerJohn Deere Dubuque Works, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the key facilities in Deere & Company's Construction and Forestry (C&F) Division. The Dubuque Works manufactures backhoe loaders, crawler dozers, and skid steer loaders for the construction industry and knuckleboom loaders and tracked feller bunchers for the forestry industry. The Dubuque Works also serves as the Center of Excellence for the C&F Division in the areas of Product Engineering, Product Verification and Validation, Supply Management, and Product Support which includes the Dealer Technical Assistance Center. From a manufacturing perspective, the core competencies of the factory include plate and sheet cutting, machining, welding, paint, and assembly.
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the most innovative and productive facilities of its kind. From an Engineering perspective, techniques such as virtual reality and rapid concepting are used to assist in the design process. Our manufacturing facilities use state of the art techniques and equipment to produce products including CNC machining centers and a Manufacturing Execution System (MES). We are proud of how fast we can get new technology into the hands of our customers, and of the quality we can attain through a very structured and effective Product Development Process. Our Product Support teams use the latest techniques and satellite communication systems to keep the machines we make on the job, dayin and dayout. Additionally, outside of the factory our products are supported by an efficient parts delivery system, and a network of John Deere dealers and company field representatives, strategically located throughout the world to support the products we produce
We are dedicated to keeping our customers ahead of their competitors by supplying the most efficient, dependable machines possible. Through teamwork, a commitment to continuous improvement, and a major investment in aggressive, ongoing research, the Dubuque Works has helped John Deere become a leader in the Construction and Forestry equipment industry.
For more information on Deere & Company go to internet site www.deere.com
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Dubuque
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Embedded Software Test Engineer - 49211
As an Embedded Software Test Engineer at John Deere Construction & Forestry (C&F) Division located in Dubuque, IA you will plan and execute embedded software testing on C&F products to verify production readiness. In addition, you will:
- Analyze software requirements and plan, coordinate, and perform testing on the bench and machine
- Align software test activities to meet Product Development Process schedules, follow C&F embedded software process, and coordinate testing with other Product Verification & Validation activities
- Develop the test vectors, setup, and scripts for automated testing
- Work with 3rd party partners in the development and execution software testing
- Work with the project team to resolve issues found during testing
- Provide leadership and mentoring to other PV&V engineers in the group
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 3 or more years of experience with embedded software test development and execution which includes experience developing automated black-box tests
- Basic knowledge of Controller Area Network (CAN) communications and electro-mechanical systems on mobile vehicles
- Strong problem solving skills to analyze and solve technical problems, including troubleshooting software and electrical issues on machine systems
- Experience developing others to do software testing
- Experience working with suppliers, partners and co-workers in the development and execution of software testing
- Excellent time management and task execution skills
- Knowledge of the John Deere Product Delivery Process, Product Verification and Validation Sub-Process, and Embedded Software Development Process or similar processes employed in industry. This includes understanding of Agile software development processes
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic, power train, and operator interface subsystems of machines controlled by embedded software
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% (both domestic and international)
What Makes You Stand Out
- Significant knowledge and experience in software testing, tools, and processes
- Expert knowledge of J1939 CAN and use of some CAN interface tool
- Strong knowledge of hydraulic, power train, and operator interface subsystems of machines controlled by embedded software
- Experience with National Instruments based software test hardware and software tools
- Team leadership and mentoring experience
- Experience model-based software testing techniques
- Basic knowledge of UDS communication protocol
- Master's degree in Engineering
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science, preferably in Electrical or Software Engineering
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.