Director of Clinical ServicesImagine the Possibilites, Inc., Maquoketa, IA
This listing has expired
Summary/Objective: The Director of Clinical Services will serve as a clearinghouse of proven, evidence based clinical supports and other service related information, problem solving tools and techniques and will collaborate with regional employees to develop, implement and monitor effective service plans for individuals served by the agency. In addition, the Clinical Director will oversee the agency’s quality assurance program to ensure the provision of quality services and the sharing of best practices throughout the agency.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop, implement and oversee the agency’s quality assurance program.
o Provide leadership and oversight to the agency’s Quality Assurance Specialist(s).
o Based upon audit results and in collaboration with department leadership, develop corrective action and remediation plans as needed.
o Make recommendations to directors regarding additional training needs of individual employees based on results of quality audits.
- Serve as Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) to provide clinical support and program oversight
for individuals served by the agency’s RCF/PMI program.
o Provide support and consultation as needed to regional personnel serving as Qualified Intellectual
Disability Professionals (QIDP).
- Develop and manage clinical operations focused on improving clinical outcomes quality.
- Manage the development of best practice clinical guidelines, models of care, clinical strategies, and service delivery systems implemented by the organization.
- Participate in ongoing identification, design, and development of new and upcoming models of care to improve services and make applicable recommendations to the executive team.
- Establish a standardized process to evaluate the clinical needs of new referrals including the identification of specific high risk behavior and/or diagnosis that require additional clinical review, screening and approval for program admission when applicable.
o Identify and develop working knowledge and expertise in the methodology, scale and criteria currently utilized by Managed Care Organizations (MCO) and Iowa State Department of Human Services (DHS) to determine service and funding levels for individuals served.
- Ensure individual service plans are reflective of applicable elements of these assessments.
- Develop and implement training for regional personnel on the above referenced methodology to ensure their understanding of the assessment process and the importance of their role in it.
- With this methodology in mind, provide leadership and oversight to regional personnel in all circumstances where consideration is being given to admission, denial of services, involuntary discharge or reduction in level of service or funding.
- Provide personnel with clinical training and opportunities for continuous development.
- Design and implement a clinical data set and standardized reports that provide meaningful information about the member populations and the outcome of quality audits, including a mechanism for identifying trends and patterns for root cause analysis and identification of needed remediation.
o Reports and associated data analysis will be adapted as appropriate for distribution to various levels of leadership including department directors, regional directors and executive level leadership.
- Review circumstances of sentinel events and make recommendations as needed for remediation plans when appropriate to manage risk.
- Implement systems and processes to identify high risk and/or behavioral or medically complex members.
Provide increased clinical oversight and consultation as needed.
- Serve as technical, professional, and business resource across multiple business functions.
- Direct and/or provide enhancements to business processes, policies and infrastructure to improve operational efficiency.
- Collaborate and partner with other business areas to ensure workflow processes and interdependencies are identified and addressed on an on-going basis.
- Promote a clear vision that aligns with the agency’s culture, core values and strategic plan.
- Carry out other special projects as requested by the COO.
Imagine Team Expectations:
- Willingly assume additional responsibility to support team efforts.
- Maintain confidentiality. Promote the dignity of others by protecting individuals served, co-workers, and agency privacy.
- Contribute appropriately to the changing conditions of the agency and individuals served and react to change productively.
- Use professional ethics in carrying out job duties.
- Communicate with all individuals in an honest and open manner, unless to do so would contraindicate an individual treatment plan.
- Ensure health, safety, and welfare of individuals served.
- Treat individuals served, coworkers, supervisors, and other associates with care, courtesy, and respect.
- Look for and suggest ways to continually improve our services.
- Maintain a professional appearance and comply with dress code.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential element of this position. Patterns of absences or tardiness are not acceptable.
- Serve as a positive role model.
- Portray a positive image of Imagine the Possibilities, Inc. when representing the agency.
- Build a sense of unity and purpose among coworkers, supervisors, and individuals served by working as a team member.
- Maintain flexibility to work alternate shifts, locations, weekends and additional/less hours based on the needs of the agency.
- Complete trainings in a timely manner and/or as assigned.
- Ensure all Imagine the Possibilities, Inc. policies and procedures are followed, including the Compliance and Integrity Program and Safety.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- May require lifting at times, up to 35 pounds. Lifting more than 35 pounds requires the use of a two-person lift, mechanical lift, or assistive equipment.
- May require prolonged sitting and working at a computer for up to eight hours.
- May require frequent bending, stooping, and stretching.
- May require prolonged standing for up to eight hours.
- Must wear hearing and eye protection in required areas.
- Must have ability to see objects/persons at a distance.
- Must have ability to see close work such as typed or handwritten material.
- Must have ability to hear conversations in a quiet and a noisy environment.
- Must have ability to determine where a sound is coming from.
- Must have ability to hear differences among bells, buzzers, beeps, horns, etc.
- Must have ability to communicate through speech.
- Must remain awake during working hours, if applicable.
Travel: Occasional travel is required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW)
- Master’s degree in a mental health field, including but not limited to, psychology, counseling and guidance,
psychiatric nursing, and social work.
- Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) as defined by Iowa Code 228.1
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible management experience in a mental health or other human services setting, including demonstrated success in the areas of team leadership, fiscal management, strategic planning and clinical program development and oversight.
- Proven experience and demonstrated abilities providing clinical support to individuals with mental health diagnoses served in facility based or community based programs, specifically RCF/PMI, HCBS and ICF/ID.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Iowa code and other regulatory requirements applicable to the above stated lines of service including those of the Iowa Department of Inspections & Appeals, Iowa
Department of Human Services, Iowa Medical Enterprises and others.
- Basic to intermediate computer skills including MS Word and Excel.
- Background checks with previous employers, references, law enforcement agencies, and others will be conducted and found satisfactory.
- Valid driver’s license and driving record deemed acceptable by Imagine the Possibilities, Inc.
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
|Years of Experience||--|