Senior AccountantFlexsteel Industries Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Accountant at our Global Headquarters office. In addition to a passion for numbers and the ability to think critically, qualified candidates will possess the necessary skill set to help support and lead the consolidation of corporate and manufacturing facility financial data on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. This individual will also assist in development, implementation, and maintenance of corporate accounting related policies and procedures and lead the preparation of financial and regulatory reports. If you’re highly organized, work well in a collaborative environment, and looking for a fast-paced and exciting role, consider applying to join our team today!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads the consolidation of financial data on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Delivers financial results and analysis to upper management utilizing excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Assists with preparation and submission of regulatory reports such as corporate taxes and SEC filings.
- Assists with testing and documentation of internal controls to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Interpret and implement new FASB accounting standards and technical accounting guidance.
- Leads and actively participates in corporate and divisional semi-annual audit program.
- Collaborates with peers to complete special projects while effectively managing multiple priorities.
- Self-starter with demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to complete projects and tasks independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in public Accounting or within a Manufacturing company Accounting department
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Previous experience with SAP preferred
- 10% domestic travel is required
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 2 weeks of vacation (prorated at start date)
- Additional time off for sick or personal reasons as needed.
- 9 paid federal holidays and one floating holiday
- Section 125 Medical Flex/Dependent Care Reimbursement program.
- Employee discounts with select cell phone carriers.
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities.
- Robust 401(K) with up to 5% matching and counseling services available.
- Performance-based bonuses.
- Employee Assistance Plan which includes guidance from plan administrators.
Other reasons you may want to consider Flexsteel:
- Associate discounts on furniture… yep, you heard that right!
- Free coffee whenever you need it.
- Free covered parking.
- We are a fun collaborative environment where people matter.
- Opportunity to grow your career with the 8th largest manufacturer of furniture in the U.S.
- Casual and flexible work environment.
- We are grounded in purpose: From the Flexsteel family to yours…we’re committed to creating comfort where your life happens.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities. EOE M/F/H/V
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|