The City of Dubuque has operated under the Council/Manager form of government since 1920. Under this form, legislative responsibility rests with the City Council and administration authority is given to a professional City Manager.
The City Council is responsible for setting overall policies and goals for the City and is comprised of the Mayor and six members who are selected in a non-partisan election for four year terms. The Mayor is the chief elected official and formal representative of the City. The Mayor and two council members are elected atlarge and four council members are elected from one of four wards into which the City's thirty-one square miles are divided. Over twenty boards and commissions are appointed by the council to advise them on a wide range of city issues. The City Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of city government.
Departments include Airport. Community and Economic Development, Fire, Personnel, Building Safety, Health Services, Water Treatment and Water Pollution Control, Administrative Services, Library, Leisure Services, Planning Services, Police, Public Works and Transportation, Housing Services, Human Rights and Operations and Maintenance. The City of Dubuque employs 549 fulltime employees and has a combined operating and capital budget of $180 million.
The City of Dubuque and Americorps Partners in Learning are accepting applications for Americorps positions:
- Americorps Academic Reading Tutor - 2018/2019 School Year
- Americorps Carnegie-Stout Public Library Summer 2019
- Americorps Dubuque Dream Center Summer 2019
- Americorps Leisure Services Plaground Explorations Summer 2019
- Americorps Leisure Services Teen Program Summer 2019
- Americorps Multicultural Family Center STEP Summer 2019
- Americorps St. Mark Youth Enrichment Summer 2019
- Americorps Dubuque Community School Summer Academy Summer 2019
- Americorps Member - Mentor Dubuque-Match Support (April 8 - September 21, 2019/24 weeks @ 40 hours/week)
To apply for these positions, please visit the City of Dubuque website at www.cityofdubuque.org/employment. For questions regarding the positions, please contact:
City of Dubuque AmeriCorps Partners in Learning
1550 Clarke Drive MS #1546
Dubuque IA 52001
Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
|Years of Experience||--|