Office AdministratorThe Fountain of Youth, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
THE MISSION OF THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH IS TO CHANGE MINDSETS THAT CONTRIBUTE TO GENERATIONAL POVERTY.
In order to achieve this, we work with underprivileged youth and adults in the Dubuque community to help them re-write their narratives.
Through this process, participants’ stories change from the crisis-to-crisis mentality into one of future-mindedness. They grow personally and spiritually and become civic-minded individuals.
We equip each participant with the necessary tools to attain and maintain gainful employment with opportunities for skills training and advancement; or to complete their GED and pursue higher education or vocational opportunities.
Our purpose is to help participants see a new vision for their lives other than the one that has been told to them by their circumstance.
- Prepare communication to donors, in-kind donors and sponsors to thank them and acknowledge their donation and/or support to Fountain of Youth.
- Meet and greet participants, volunteers, donors and visitors with a spirit of hospitality and non-judgement
- Assist the Executive Director with facility management and repairs
- Answer the phones and transfer to the correct office staff or take a message
- Assist in managing the Executive Directors calendar and contacts list
- Manage the incoming general email inbox
- Perform and record the intake of a new participant
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Plan in-house or off-site activities such as parties, meetings and/or celebrations
- Maintain a log and schedule volunteer time and participant interaction
- Maintain log of incarceration status of participants
- Clean and maintain office facilities and order supplies as needed
- Assist in training volunteers and new staff members
- Assist in the creation of flyers, newsletters and marketing materials
- Prepare board agendas/packets and materials monthly or as needed
- Collect and record account receivables and prepare bank deposits
- Ensure the integrity of Salsa and Quickbooks programs used to store and maintain donor, sponsor, vendor and participant information.
- Manage and regularly update social media outlets
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, emailing, scanning and filing
- Assist in tracking and reporting of grants
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience as an Office Administrator or Administrative Assistant
- Experience with email scheduling and internet tools
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- High School Diploma; additional qualification as an Administrative Assistant or secretary is a plus
- Ability to type 50-60 wpm and to efficiently and accurately use the computer to carry out job responsibilities
- Must have strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills, Organization Skills, Reporting Skills, Microsoft Office Skills, & Problem-Solving Skills
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize work, and handle assignments with success and accuracy
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The employee must occasionally exert up to up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. This position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Applicants may email resume and cover letter to:
OVERTIME IS REGULATED BY THE FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT (FLSA). THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH WILL PAY TIME AND A HALF TO NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEES WHO EXCEED 40 HOURS OF WORK TIME IN A WORK WEEK. EMPLOYEES WHO ANTICIPATE THE NEED FOR OVERTIME TO COMPLETE THE WEEKS WORK MUST NOTIFY THEIR SUPERVISORS IN ADVANCE AND OBTAIN PRIOR APPROVAL PRIOR TO WORKING HOURS THAT EXTEND BEYOND THEIR NORMAL SCHEDULE.
THE JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUE AN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE EMPLOYER AND EMPLOYEE AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY THE EMPLOYER AS THE NEEDS OF THE EMPLOYER AND REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB CHANGE.
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
|Years of Experience||--|