Human Resources InternHillcrest Family Services, DUBUQUE, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
As a Human Resources Intern at our Main Administrative Office in Dubuque, IA, your primary responsibilities include:
- Review the job descriptions for accuracy as compared to established templates
- Assist HR Generalists with posting open positions, screening, interviewing and recruiting job applicants to fill entry level, professional and technical job openings
- Assist HR Generalist in reviewing applications and interviewing applicants to match experience with specific job related requirements
- Help with the management of training records/compliance
- Participate in new hire orientation
- Participate in HR staff meetings and attends other meetings as required
- Maintain Human Resource Information System
- Record and compile reports from database
- Other duties as assigned
What you need
- Currently pursing either an Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- Knowledge of MS Office suite
- Strong organizational, prioritization skills, and attention to detail
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality
- The ability to research and analyze various different types of data or information
- Able to project a friendly and professional demeanor
- Able to work well under pressure
Come have fun and work with great people while gaining real world experience in a professional setting and building your resume!
This is a student position for summer of 2019.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.