Procurement Manager-Raw Materials & ComponentsFlexsteel Industries, Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 120 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Louisville, Kentucky; Dubuque, IA; and Starkville, MS. Flesteel also has distribution centers in Kansas, Indiana, California, and Pennsylvania. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
- Responsible for developing and administering all procurement related processes for furniture cover (fabric/leather), components and raw materials procurement. Manage inventory levels to budget and desired service levels in accordance with sales planning and forecasts.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of specification, qualification and quality control processes for cover, raw materials and components, including managing corrective action plans and ensuring that suppliers meet our quality specifications and standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage cover, component and raw materials procurement for the corporation, including inventory, cost management, supplier development, supplier negotiations, purchasing and supplier performance management.
- Manage global cut & sew program for fabric and leather, including managing requests for quote and final costing; analyzing shipping patterns; reviewing fit samples; projecting usage; and ordering and maintaining production quantities.
- Accountable for material requirements planning and sourcing to achieve lowest total delivered cost procurement. Develop and implement procurement plans to achieve desired performance targets that balance delivery, fill rates, transportation costs, inventory investment and turnover to optimize service levels for end customers.
- Request supplier quotes and negotiate to secure best terms (e.g. MOQs, payment terms, quality requirements, etc.) for cover, components and raw materials.
- Responsible for evaluation, analysis and reporting to support S&OP processes, add/drop analysis and communication, supplier performance management and order data management.
- Accountable to maintain inventory and service levels to budget and to meet corporate goals for safety stock, availability and inventory turns.
Work with cross functional teams (Logistics, Operations, Engineering) to ensure orders ship “on time” and to specification through the programs established for each supplier.
- Represent the department on the cover selection committee and manages the new part/cover setup process.
- Maintain bible cards, fiber detail sheets, HTS Codes and testing data for new products, as required.
- Orders new patterns for market samples, dealer samples, production samples, and video cataloging. Orders necessary inventory stock of new patterns for all divisions in conjunction with local personnel. Secures yardage for fabric pages and replacement orders.
- Develop processes for the identification, development, and qualification of new suppliers to support growth in covers, components and raw materials.
- Key business partner to Home Furnishings for raw materials and component sourcing and procurement needs.
- Responsible for functional oversight and dotted line reporting of plant purchasing managers and buyers.
- Recognizes and values customers and fellow associates by:
A) emphasizing teamwork
B) possessing a customer-driven attitude
C) effectively achieving results by meeting mutually agreed upon goals
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, marketing or business administration with 3-5 years of experience in progressively responsible procurement, sourcing or supply chain role.
- Ability to manage projects and establish clear goals and accountabilities to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria.
- Strong analytical, negotiation and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Excellent computer skills and organizational ability.
- Results oriented, proactive, independent.
- Strong preference for fabric purchasing and international sourcing experience.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 2 weeks of vacation (prorated at start date)
- Additional time off for sick or personal reasons as needed.
- 9 paid federal holidays and one floating holiday
- Section 125 Medical Flex/Dependent Care Reimbursement program.
- Employee discounts with select cell phone carriers.
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities.
- Robust 401(K) with up to 5% matching and counseling services available.
- Performance-based bonuses.
- Employee Assistance Plan which includes guidance from plan administrators.
Other reasons you may want to consider Flexsteel:
- Associate discounts on furniture… yep, you heard that right!
- Free coffee whenever you need it.
- Free covered parking.
- We are a fun collaborative environment where people matter.
- Opportunity to grow your career with the 8th largest manufacturer of furniture in the U.S.
- Casual and flexible work environment.
- We are grounded in purpose: From the Flexsteel family to yours…we’re committed to creating comfort where your life happens.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities.
EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|