Telecommunications Line Installer or RepairerSedona Staffing Services,
This listing has expired
Sedona Staffing Services is a, global staffing, recruiting, and executive search firm. We locate qualified professionals, who excel in their careers, and provide customized staffing solutions for our client companies. Nationally, we're part of , a global recruiting network, whose reach allows Sedona to recruit skilled candidates for highly technical, medical, executive, or hard-to-fill positions.
In summary, Sedona specializes in finding the right fit for both job seekers and businesses.
Our customized staffing solutions help businesses reduce costs and risk, increase efficiency, and provide flexibility.
Job seekers benefit from our free services and vast employer connections that aid in their job search and placement.
UTILITY WORKER / LABORER
Summary of Role:
The Utility Worker/Laborer is responsible for assisting the Equipment Operators and Foreman with essential tasks in order to complete the job order.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work around located utilities
- Expose existing utilities by hand-digging
- Prepare cable route
- Feed cable
- Compact trench lines
- Train on equipment operation and print reading
- Take direction first from foremen and second from operators
- Load and unload work supplies
- Place signs, cones, and barricades when necessary
- Secure job site and equipment at the end of the day
- Perform daily equipment maintenance (greasing equipment, checking oil, hydraulic fluid, and fueling)
- Transport heavy equipment (if employee holds a valid CDL)
- Clean vehicles and equipment
- Complete job site restoration
- Must have an insurance-acceptable driver’s license
- Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment drug test
- Must have the ability to perform hard physical labor
- Must be able to obtain a Class A CDL
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to read
- Must be able to work with and around people and alone at times
- Must be able to comprehend and perform the responsibilities of the position
- Must be able to communicate competently
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS OF THE WORKPLACE
- Required to work where hearing protection may be applicable
- Required to wear safety glasses when applicable
- Required to work in confined spaces
- Required to work outdoors in ALL weather conditions (rain, snow, wind, extreme heat, & extreme cold)
- Required to travel to job sites for a week or more at a time in a designated area. WI/Upper MI LA/AR
- Must have efficient eye-hand coordination
- Must be able to perform physical labor involving frequent lifting (over 50 lbs.), carrying bending, and shoveling.
- Must be able to work long periods of time, including nights and weekends
- Report equipment problems
- Set-up pedestals
- Drive ground rods
- Read telephone and/or CATV prints
- Operate equipment (backhoe, trencher, plow, box pusher, tamper, boring)
Interested applicants should contact Sedona Staffing - Platteville to apply. 608-348-6300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Sedona Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer"