Financial ManagerDiamond Jo Casino, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Diamond Jo offers many perks for its team members, including a free meal during their shift, a holiday gift check and children's party, an annual picnic, discounted show tickets in the Mississippi Moon Bar and team member appreciation events throughout the year… just to name a few.
Situated in the historic Port of Dubuque, Diamond Jo Casino is an entertainment destination not to be missed! We offer a high-energy casino with nearly 1,000 slots, 20 table games, more than 200 nights of live entertainment each year at the Mississippi Moon Bar, a state-of-the-art bowling center and five restaurants.
Boyd Gaming is one of the leading companies in the gaming industry, but we've kept the culture and feel of a family-owned business, something that makes our Company a special place to work. Of course, few family-owned businesses can offer you the chance to work in an environment of exhilarating casino action, chart-topping entertainment, award-winning restaurants, beautiful environments, and plenty of recreational pursuits. At Boyd Gaming, our business is making sure our customers have fun. Further information about our company as well as our job openings can be found at: http://www.boydcareers.com/
The Financial Manager serves as the primary liaison between financial shared services and property department heads. Responsible for reviewing the quality and accuracy of monthly financial statements produced by financial shared services. Leadership responsibility to ensure property Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are being met by all departments. Oversight responsibility of property count team and receiving/warehousing teams.
- Responsible for reviewing the quality and accuracy of monthly financial statements produced by financial shared services with key department heads and provides feedback to financial shared services; ensures resolution of all comments provided to financial shared services resulting from monthly reviews.
- Manage accounting clerk team and daily interactions with financial shared services.
- Oversight responsibility of count team and receiving/warehousing team.
- Responsible for receiving services in Stratton Warren and preparing monthly accrual for any non-PO services.
- Prepare and submit all Finance items required under gaming regulations or as requested by gaming regulators not prepared by financial shared services.
- Point of contact for gaming regulatory audits and provides information requested by gaming regulatory authorities.
- Ensure all regulatory, state specific and other notices received by property are communicated to financial shared services.
- Provides continuous coaching, mentoring and development to staff.
- Promote, develop and maintain effective communication, interaction, and excellent relationship with internal customers, including ensuring their requirements are identified and consistently met.
- Perform all functions with the highest level of integrity.
- Observe and follow all safety procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in an accounting or finance discipline preferred; substantial related experience may be substituted.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in accounting/finance in a comparable position required.
- Must be experienced with various software applications such as Microsoft Office, Lawson, Stratton Warren, gaming-related systems, e-mail, etc.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary certifications and/or licenses as required by local gaming regulations.
- Excellent written, verbal and public presentation communication skills and demonstrate ability to resolve all situations in a professional manner.
- Have initiative, strive for continuous improvement.
- Strong team player that has a direct approach and is solution oriented.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- CPA preferred.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|