Quality Control InspectorFlexsteel Industries, Inc,
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 120 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Louisville, Kentucky; Dubuque, IA; and Starkville, MS. Flesteel also has distribution centers in Kansas, Indiana, California, and Pennsylvania. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
QC Inspector - 2nd shift (3:30pm-12:00am)
Inspects completed upholstered furniture, before packaging, for defects in construction, tailoring and fabrics and further checks to assure conformance to the production order. Assists with equivalent supervisory responsibilities when necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs in-process inspection (i.e. sewing, tailoring, prefill departments, etc.).
- Works with supervisors, design, and engineering help associates to correct any problems (metal frames or sewing problems). Also works with repair to make sure product is fixed correctly.
- Fills out a brief, but thorough, weekly report on rejects.
- Answers and makes calls on problem pieces.
- Assists customer service people looking for blue ordered parts and accessories.
- Logs and records torques.
- Assists shipping associates in locating orders.
- Places copy of shipping label with inspector stamp under seat.
- Makes decisions on marginal or out-of-tolerance parts as to whether or not they are functional (hand forms, material variances, burrs, etc.).
- Maintains up-to-date samples of piece parts by inspection office and updates location sheet.
- Audits parts at paint line. Regularly checks paint ID tags and warning stickers finish and appearance.
- Works with salvage and repair people; suggests repair techniques and checks reworked parts.
- Performs supervisory duties when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working in manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to periodically do heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds).
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Attention to detail.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|