Document and SolidWorks (CAD) AdministratorSedona Staffing Services,
This listing has expired
Sedona Staffing Services is a, global staffing, recruiting, and executive search firm. We locate qualified professionals, who excel in their careers, and provide customized staffing solutions for our client companies. Nationally, we're part of , a global recruiting network, whose reach allows Sedona to recruit skilled candidates for highly technical, medical, executive, or hard-to-fill positions.
In summary, Sedona specializes in finding the right fit for both job seekers and businesses.
Our customized staffing solutions help businesses reduce costs and risk, increase efficiency, and provide flexibility.
Job seekers benefit from our free services and vast employer connections that aid in their job search and placement.
Document and SolidWorks (CAD) Administrator
Location: Dubuque, IA
Wage: $45k - $55k / year + full benefits package
Direct Hire Opportunity
A local Dubuque, IA manufacturer is growing and seeking to add a key member to Support all Product Development & Engineering (PD&E) and other business functions through configuration, operation, and maintenance of Document Management Systems and software. Collaborate with users of PD&E specific software packages through management of annual contracts, providing necessary training, and ensuring efficient use and best practices are applied for each software package.
What you get to do:
- Define and support configuration of Document Management Systems (DMS) and software, including meta-data configuration.
- Provide expert knowledge of DMS vault configuration and data management
- Responsible for training new users of DMS including creation of documentation and training guides.
- Provide Level 1 support to users for DMS software and application.
- Responsible for uptime and maintenance of DMS including new user setup, security settings & permissions, vault configuration changes, meta-data effectiveness, and upgrades as available.
- Regularly check on performance of DMS to ensure efficient application for Product Development & Engineering associates.
- Act as an advocate of DMS best practices, methods, and processes.
- Develop, manage, and own all PD&E document related workflows including check-in/check-out, engineering manager approvals, and Engineering Changes (request, approval, notification).
- Maintain and update standard formats and templates for engineering documentation.
- Provide Level 1 support to users across all PD&E (software) applications.
- With support of expert level users, define and document best practices, methods, training guides, and standard company processes for all PD&E applications.
- Collaborate across all PD&E and manufacturing departments to continuously improve methods and practices, share new practices, and drive an error-free approach to product design and CAD modeling.
- Working closely with Information Technology (IT), responsible for uptime and maintenance of PD&E applications, and to review license usage, needs, and upgrades of all PD&E applications to support all users.
- Main contact with service and application suppliers including technical issues and business-related topics, e.g. requirements for annual maintenance, configuration services, and training services.
What we need from you:
- Associate Degree in Computer Technology, Information Technology, Engineering Technology, CAD Design/Drafting or related technical field;
- Five (5) years’ Product Data/Document Management (PDM) experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Five (5) years 3D CAD experience;
- Familiar with stage gate product development methods and processes;
- Ability to create and read engineering drawings and specifications, understanding of ANSI/ASME Y14.5;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with other departments & external resources;
- Proven ability to exercise indirect leadership and work independently;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience operating SolidWorks PDM Professional or PTC Windchill;
- Advanced skill using SolidWorks (3D CAD);
- Familiar with programming in HTML, PHP, and SQL applications;
- Experience with BOM (Bill of Material) generation and configuration management;
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP system;
- Experience in a training role or projects required to roll out new applications;
- Experience in furniture development or manufacturing.
If you are interested in learning more, apply today and submit a copy of your professional resume to: Amanda@careerpros.com
Sedona Staffing Services is an equal opportunity employer.