Summer 2019 Law Clerk InternFlexsteel Industries, Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 120 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Louisville, Kentucky; Dubuque, IA; and Starkville, MS. Flesteel also has distribution centers in Kansas, Indiana, California, and Pennsylvania. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: FLXS) is a publicly traded furniture company located in Dubuque, Iowa. This law clerk position will allow a second-year law student to gain exposure to the role of in-house counsel for a public company with multiple US jurisdictions. The internship will be project based, but will also feature research, drafting, and interaction within a business setting, all without billable hours.
Primary function of the job: To assist Flexsteel’s Legal Department in executing project-based work for business units and departments. The job will entail working with Flexsteel’s In-House Corporate Counsel and Paralegal on corporate legal initiatives, including, but not limited to:
- Contract Management Project. Work with Flexsteel’s paralegal and business units to implement the contract management system.
- Contract Management Playbook. As part of the contract management project, assist In-House Corporate Counsel on creating standardized contracts for frequent transactions, along with preferred terms and conditions for business units. Assist In-House Counsel in organizing training for business units.
- Securities Law- assist in review and drafting the Company’s 10-K and Proxy Statement.
- Corporate governance matters- annual review of Flexsteel Committee Charters, Director & Officer Questionnaire, and as directed by the Corporate Secretary, draft Corporate Governance Guidelines and other policies. Receive exposure to investor relations aspects of a public company.
- Human Resources and training assistance. Work with In-House Counsel and the Human Resources Department in conducting employment law research across multi-state Flexsteel jurisdictions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recognizes and values customers and fellow associates by:
A) working to meet clearly stated internal customer requirements
B) looking for opportunities to improve work processes
- Regular daily attendance is required. Eight hours per day, or as directed by supervisor, is required.
- Conforms to the dress code, the workspace, and the building guidelines, as well as all other company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Second year of law school completed with coursework emphasis on transactional/corporate law.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and excellent research skills.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to convey legal research and analysis into easily understandable memorandums and training presentations.
- Internally motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently, but also as part of a team on collaborative projects.
- Please provide the following: cover letter, resume, unofficial transcript, and writing sample.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities. EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers