Summer 2019 Supply Chain InternFlexsteel Industries Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
Assist Logistic and Transportation with special projects and weekly tasks as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recognizes and values customers and fellow associates by:
A) working to meet clearly stated internal customer requirements
B) looking for opportunities to improve work processes
- Driver paperwork and payroll
- Make customer delivery appointments on loads
- Audit freight invoices (paper and EDI) and assign proper GL account codes and process to accounting
- Assist with preparing fabric yardage and documents for binding ruling requests
- Update freight rates into ‘Carrier by Supplier Matrix’
- Assist with Item Description Cadence approval and upload of HTS templates in SAP
- Regular daily attendance is required. Eight hours per day, or as directed by supervisor, is required.
- Conforms to the dress code, the workspace, and the building guidelines, as well as all other company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a Supply Chain related field
- Proficient in Word and Excel;
- Ability to perform complex analytics, trouble shooting, and multi-tasking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player, works well in a team environment, takes initiative and has accountability
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities. EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers