Innovation & Product Engineer Co-Op - Summer & Fall SemesterA.Y. McDonald Mfg, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
A. Y. McDonald Mfg. Co. is a major manufacturer of water works valves and fittings, high-pressure gas valves, and residential and commercial water pumping systems. The company is privately owned and has a history of quality products since it’s founding in 1856.
A.Y. McDonald Mfg. Co. is located in the Industrial Park off of the Northwest Arterial. Its north central location provides easy acess to major markets. In fact, the Company sells and distributes its five major product lines nationally and internationally.
"We will make good products and sell them honestly." This statement, made by the Founder Andrew Young McDonald in 1856, has become a corporate philosophy. Today A.Y. McDonald's strength lies in its ability to serve customers. To better serve, McDonald has created an organizational structure and a physical environment that provides for growth and profitabiltiy.
Plant and office environments provide greater product output, more control, modern technology and better internal housekeeping. This enables McDonald to seek new highs in quality and bring new items into production at more competitive prices. Please visit our website www.aymcdonald.com
- Research, design and develop product solutions that effectively meet customer needs and create value for A.Y. McDonald and our customers.
- Be a contributor to company product innovation strategy and solutions.
- Develop concept drawings for customer concept testing to gather feedback from end user customer(s).
- Listen to, evaluate, and react to the needs and feedback of the customer
- Take ownership and accountability to innovate while maintaining a vision for products and projects.
- Assist in vetting projects from the three (3) year new product road map to finalize the project list for the next year’s new product roadmap.
- Effectively model in 3D utilizing Creo-Pro Engineer.
- Design and gather prototypes for Market and functional testing.
- Conduct experiments to obtain relevant results.
- Review, interpret, convey and react to results effectively and accurately.
- Write Engineering Change Orders and oversee implementation of changes.
- Contribute to the establishment of performance standards for newly designed or modified products.
- Develop awareness of current relevant market place product offerings to understand competition and to aid in the generation of new product critical features.
- Full-time undergraduate student enrolled in a Mechanical Engineering or a related program. Have good academic standing with the College or University and demonstrate an ability to learn quickly, work well independently and in a team environment and on multiple projects.
- Have the ability to:
- 3D modeling
- Research materials and concepts
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|