CAD Designer (Home Furnishings)Flexsteel Industries Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
Create component, material, and furniture designs utilizing 2D and 3D CAD software to meet external and internal customer requirements. Follow established guidelines and best practices regarding modeling and design practices.
The CAD Designer has responsibility for creating product designs to support new product development, value engineering, and quality improvement projects. The scope of the design work may include one or more of the following: fabric and upholstery material patterns, poly components and assemblies, wood frames and structures, metal frames and components, overall furniture representations in 3D CAD, and manufacturing instructions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist development team in meeting project goals at cost targets and on time;
- Process Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) as assigned in a timely manner;
- Create drawings and other product documentation for use by PD&E, Manufacturing, Quality, and Marketing/Merchandising;
- Enter and maintain product data in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system as needed;
- Communicate and review component and product designs with engineers, supervisor, supplier(s), and manufacturing as needed;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Pattern Design (Fabric & Upholstery Materials):
- Interpret design sketches of new products to create fabric and upholstery material patterns in 2D CAD software.
- Finalize 2D fabric and upholstery material patterns in 2D CAD software based on preliminary designs and/or paper patterns in preparation for creating manufacturing cut files.
- Create individual pattern drawings as needed for supplier or manufacturing.
Poly Design (Components & Assemblies):
- Create poly component and assembly designs and drawings based on new product information and existing designs to meet external and internal customer requirements.
- Specify materials used based on product requirements and well-established design guidelines.
- Communicate product specifications to suppliers and order prototype materials.
Wood Design (Structures & Frames):
- Model wood frames and structures utilizing 3D CAD modeling software based on product sketches, shop drawings, and/or product requirements following standard practices and techniques while working closely with product designers, PD&E colleagues, and manufacturing facilities.
- Create supplier wood drawings and/or production Frame Spec Books with component drawings, assembly process steps, manufacturing information, and needed Bill of Materials.
- Define ERP information as needed for component part numbers, manufacturing routing, production rates, and cost related to wood components and wood frames.
- Create CNC router programing for plywood frames as needed.
Metal Design (Frames & Components):
- Creates designs of new metal components, spring units, linkage assemblies, frames, etc. based on standard practices and well-established design and manufacturing guidelines.
- Reviews design and other concerns with Project Engineers.
- Completes all detail and assembly drawings and bills of materials following standard dimensional, tolerance, and specification guidelines.
- Provides illustrations or information as needed for spec books.
Product CAD Modeling (Complete furniture representations):
- Create 3D CAD model representation of new furniture designs based on previously created models.
- Follow established design & modeling practices to create CAD models.
- Detail out manufacturing instructions as defined by engineers, shop personnel, and/or specification writers following standard formats and defined guidelines.
- Creates and adds figures, models, and/or photos to specifications to visually show manufacturing and assembly operations.
- Assembles and issues final specification documents for production use.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Associate’s Degree in CAD Design/Drafting or related technical field
- Three (3) years 2D CAD experience
- One (1) year 3D CAD experience
- Ability to create and read engineering drawings; understanding of ANSI/ASME Y14.5
- Intermediate level in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with other departments.
- Experience using Optitex (2D CAD pattern software)
- Experience using SolidWorks (3D CAD modeling software)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Furniture development experience or equivalent
- Experience in a short-run manufacturing environment
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|