Quality Assurance EngineerA.Y. McDonald Mfg, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
A. Y. McDonald Mfg. Co. is a major manufacturer of water works valves and fittings, high-pressure gas valves, and residential and commercial water pumping systems. The company is privately owned and has a history of quality products since it’s founding in 1856.
A.Y. McDonald Mfg. Co. is located in the Industrial Park off of the Northwest Arterial. Its north central location provides easy acess to major markets. In fact, the Company sells and distributes its five major product lines nationally and internationally.
"We will make good products and sell them honestly." This statement, made by the Founder Andrew Young McDonald in 1856, has become a corporate philosophy. Today A.Y. McDonald's strength lies in its ability to serve customers. To better serve, McDonald has created an organizational structure and a physical environment that provides for growth and profitabiltiy.
Plant and office environments provide greater product output, more control, modern technology and better internal housekeeping. This enables McDonald to seek new highs in quality and bring new items into production at more competitive prices. Please visit our website www.aymcdonald.com
A.Y. McDonald Mfg. Co. is a major manufacturer of water works valves and fittings, high-pressure gas valves, and residential and commercial water pumping systems. The company is privately owned and has a history of quality products since its founding in 1856.
- Collect data and lead porosity investigations, sand process control improvements, metal additions and other foundry related processes in order to reduce scrap and improve efficiency.
- Create electronic tester design guidelines and troubleshoot new testers before they are released to production.
- Keep the gage calibration program up to date.
- Establish new or improve existing process controls or tests to verify in-spec material and reduce scrap.
- Visit all facilities on a regular basis to monitor quality and provide assistance as needed.
- Facilitate the customer and outside agency audits at each location.
- Evaluate defective customer returns and implement corrective actions.
- Complete product certifications per customer requests.
- Complete field visits to address customer issues.
- Initiate correct action requests to suppliers to address quality issues.
- Provide feedback to suppliers to identify areas that need improvements.
- Conduct supplier visits as needed.
- Assist in department management duties as needed when the Quality Assurance Director is out of the office. Assist the Quality Supervisor with duties to oversee the Quality Techs as needed.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- Minimum 5 years related experieQuance.
- Exceptional oral and written communicative skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Initiative and creative thinking in decision-making and problem resolution situations and in the performance of job duties.
Excellent compensation and benefit package offered.
Health and drug screen required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|