Summer 2019 Service Desk Technician InternFlexsteel Industries Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
Provides end user support for business systems, desktop applications, computer connectivity, peripherals, smart phones, handheld scanners, and system security. Maintains clear and concise records when handling and recording issues. Assists in monitoring servers, network components and storage performance, utilization and availability. Assists in maintaining records and provisioning of hardware and software.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recognizes and values customers and fellow associates by:
A. Emphasizing teamwork.
B. Possessing exceptional customer service orientation.
C. Effectively achieving results by meeting mutually agreed upon goals.
- Regular daily attendance is required. Eight hours per day, or as directed by supervisor, is required.
- Conforms to the dress code, the workspace, and the building guidelines, as well as all other company policies.
- Demonstrates solid customer service acumen by providing assistance to users as needed including, but not limited to, windows application issues and questions, computer performance and connectivity, smart phone technology, scanners and printers, security and authentication.
- Monitor servers, network components and storage performance, utilization and availability. Inform and escalate issues as necessary.
- Provide information to the organization during major system interruptions.
- Provide clear and helpful descriptions of events in the trouble ticket system when handling and recording issues.
- Develops and maintains strong interpersonal communication with employees and contractors.
- Manages multiple priorities and executes tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Assists in maintaining records and provisioning for hardware and software, as instructed.
- Monitors servers, network and SAN environments and records issues identified, as needed.
- Monitors business system services as needed, reviewing and actioning issues as directed to keep computer systems communicating.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Pursuing college degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Knowledge of MS Office / O365 and one years’ experience working with and supporting Windows 7/10 in a multi-site environment required.
- Network / WiFi exposure required.
- Experience working with Windows Server desired.
- Familiarity with DNS and DHCP.
- Knowledge of ITIL methodology desired.
- Proven troubleshooting skills working with VPN.
- Self-starter able to work with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to perform detail-oriented work with limited supervision.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities.
EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers