Assistant Farm ManagerSedona Staffing Services, Lamont, IA
This listing has expired
Sedona Staffing Services is a, global staffing, recruiting, and executive search firm. We locate qualified professionals, who excel in their careers, and provide customized staffing solutions for our client companies. Nationally, we're part of , a global recruiting network, whose reach allows Sedona to recruit skilled candidates for highly technical, medical, executive, or hard-to-fill positions.
In summary, Sedona specializes in finding the right fit for both job seekers and businesses.
Our customized staffing solutions help businesses reduce costs and risk, increase efficiency, and provide flexibility.
Job seekers benefit from our free services and vast employer connections that aid in their job search and placement.
Assistant Farm Manager – Internship
$17 - $20 / hour – Full time
A local northern Iowa 5000 acre and 3rd generation family farm located in Arlington, IA is seeking a dynamic Assistant Farm Manager. The Intern will have the opportunity to explore a broad range of agriculture sectors including standard conventional row crop, organic row crop, and commercial livestock production. Much of the operation is in IA where there are 5,000 acres of corn/soybeans along with a large custom hog finishing business. Also, there are 1,000 acres of certified organic located in the Mississippi Delta that may require some commitment and travel. The ideal candidate must have a strong desire and passion to work in the agriculture industry and be willing to explore new opportunities as they arise. The newest member of the team will possess the experience, qualifications, passion, and vision to assist in multiple types of farming operations. This Internship could become a solid future job offer, for the right fit.
What you get to do:
- Assist in overseeing day-to-day farm operations (irrigation, equipment, facilities)
- Assist in crop plan development and planting of row crops
- Provide weekly/monthly reports on progress and crop condition
- Monitor and track all field activity and data via smartphone, computer, or paper.
- Assist with business operations (budgeting, sales/marketing, personnel, effective recordkeeping, etc.)
- Develop short & long-term plans and strategies
- Establish procedures based on best management practices
- Develop content for social media
- Connect and engage with the local & regional community
- Will have the opportunity to participate in and learn about large-scale, commercial production of organic row crop grains, conventional crops, and animals.
- Will have the opportunity to travel and experience different regional farming practices (Iowa, Arkansas, Mississippi)
What we need from you:
- Degree or currently pursuing a degree in agriculture related field (Ag business, soil, Agronomy, animal environmental sciences, etc.)
- Experience with farm equipment (tractors, equipment, etc.)
- Competency with computers (MS Office, email, etc.), basic technology, and basic administrative tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Very task-oriented / Self-starter
- Excellent critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and passion for farming!
Interested in learning more? Submit a copy of your professional resume to Amanda today! Amanda@careerpros.com