Area Coordinator/Hall Director in Residence LifeUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University that is seeking an Area Coordinator/Hall Director within the office of Residence Life. The University of Dubuque offers a competitive wage and an excellent benefits package including tuition remission, paid holidays, 4 weeks’ vacation and sick time. As well as contributes to retirement and life insurance.
- Assist with collateral areas within the department such as staff selection, training, programming and community development, summer camps and conferences
- Facilitate and participate in extensive pre-service as well as on-going in-service training sessions
- Plan & facilitate weekly staff meetings and perform formal evaluation of each staff member
- Facilitate interviews for department-wide staff selection processes
- Direct the overall management and operation of the residence hall and assigned area
- Establish office hours for availability to residents and staff, at least 15 hours per week
- Submit administrative reports and form; Coordinate desk operations and emergency procedures
- Supervise hall opening and closing procedures
- Communicate guidelines of conduct which protect the individual student's rights and define student responsibilities; Serve as initial conduct hearing officer
- Advise and support Resident Assistants in matters of student conduct
- Consult with Assistant Dean & Director of Residence Life regarding referrals or other necessary action
- Counsel and refer regarding personal and academic concerns
- Hall Director: Bachelor’s degree required. Previous residence hall staff experience and supervisory experiences are preferred
- Area Coordinator: Master’s degree required. Previous residence hall staff experience and supervisory experiences are preferred
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Period of employment: This is a 12 month appointment. Beginning and ending dates are approximately August 1st through July 31st. Reappointment is conditional upon performance of the individual and the staffing needs of the Department.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS:
- A furnished, one or two-bedroom apartment is provided for the Hall Director, spouse and legal dependents. All residences are smoke-free in alignment with the smoke-free campus. Also includes a meal stipend.
- Full University benefits and salary will be based on education and experience.
To apply with a growing University for the Area Coordinator/Hall Director position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
Applications from qualified persons with diverse backgrounds and cultures, including women and persons of color, are welcomed. AA/EEO
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Mail:||2000 University Ave|
Dubuque, IA 52001-5099
|Apply by Email:||HR@dbq.edu|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|