A rapidly growing insurance brokerage and consulting firm.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for performing professional accounting duties including the examination, analysis, maintenance, reconciliation, and verification of financial records; developing and implementing new accounting systems; and performing related duties as required.
- Maintains financial records and ensures that financial transactions are properly recorded.
- Ensures accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger
- Prepares balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports
- Analyzes current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements
- Monitor premium collection for timely payments
- Work directly with outside Premium Finance companies
- Assist other departments with pre-determined projects
- Research and develop new services, procedures, and requirements
- Purchase and maintain office equipment
- Monitor and evaluate all company expenses and research additional opportunities for savings
- Handle building and grounds maintenance, sub-contractors, and misc. items
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or applicable job experience
- 2-4 years experience in accounting or related field
- Develop and maintain accounting skills through courses and/or trade and industry news and current events
- Must have strong Outlook, Word, and Excel Skills
- Ability to enter data using 10 key
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while adapting to changing deadlines and priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|