Fleet ManagerNewt Marine, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Newt Marine Service is looking for a Fleet Manager to handle all tugboat operations of the organization. Leadership, organizational skills, resourcefulness and honesty are important qualifications for this position. This individual will address both external partners (U.S. Coast Guard and U.S. Army Corps of
Engineers) and key, internal decision makers. The ideal candidate is a problem-solver who is interested in using her or his leadership and resourcefulness to drive organizational improvement. Newt Marine Service supports commerce, recreation and wildlife needs on the inland waterways.
We strive to execute marine projects in a manner we can be proud of.
• Ensure assigned vessels are operated in compliance with regulatory requirements and internal procedures
• Ensure the assigned vessels are properly staffed with competent personnel and provide on-board training and supervision as needed
• Identify vessel efficiency opportunities. Evaluate options and implement improvements.
Ranging from safety improvements to vessel repower efficiencies.
• Coordinate and schedule vessel services and repair as required.
• Maintain regular communication with both assigned vessel personnel and management to ensure safe, reliable and efficient tugboat operations
• Maintain a safe and efficient work environment for all
• 5+ years supervisory experience
• Proven organizational improvement experience
• Intelligence and a desire to know more
• Previous commercial marine experience (preferred)
• Must be willing to work flexible hours (fleet crew operates 24 hours/day during navigation season).
Occasional weekend and holiday work may occur.
Applicants can apply in person:
5 Jones Street, Dubuque, IA 52001
or e-mail email@example.com