Greenhouse SpecialistFARMTEK, Dyersville, IA
This listing has expired
FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help manage hydroponic and high tunnel crop production.
- Assist in greenhouse and landscape maintenance.
- Maintain various hydroponic mineral solutions and general water quality for optimizing plant growth.
- Collecting and organizing data from growing systems.
- Shoveling, raking, sweeping, planting small plants/seeds, watering, fertilizing, cleaning and disinfecting.
- Haul and spread topsoil, fertilizer, peat moss, sand and other soil amendments to condition the land.
- Weeding, mulching and general upkeep of landscape plants, shrubs, and trees.
- Planting shrubs and plants throughout the landscape and in containers.
- Help design and maintain Hilltop Greens Social Media accounts.
- Help process and package produce and fish for customers.
- Deliver produce and fish to customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with hydroponics/aquaponics, including drip, ebb and flow, and NFT systems, as well as lighting configurations preferred but not required.
- Some knowledge and passion for hydroponic plant production (vine and leaf crops)
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including some weekends
- Qualified applicants will also possess excellent communication skills, be self motivated and be a team player
Education and/or Experience
- Associate's degree
- Or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education, experience and training
- Must have the communication skills appropriate for the job
- Ability to follow instructions
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. ,
This listing has expired
Building and Grounds
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|