Machine Operator 1FARMTEK, Dyersville, IA
This listing has expired
FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
Summary: A person in this position usually reports to an area Supervisor, who reports to the Manufacturing ClearSpan Manager. A Machine Operator 1 individual is responsible for operating production machinery and producing quality parts for assembly or shipping.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Operate any of several types of automated and semi-automated machines that are used to produce parts and components.
- Program N/C Machines to produce parts and components according to drawing specifications.
- Read and understand blue prints and other shop drawings.
- Load and unload material and set up machines for standard and for special production runs.
- Monitor machine performance and take preventative and corrective actions as needed.
- Perform standard general and specific maintenance on production machinery as indicated by protocol.
- Use micrometers and calipers
- Understand and use basic shop math and general machine skills
- Verify settings by measuring positions and first article/sample pc.
- Conduct in process inspection of machined parts
- Monitor feeds and speeds of machines during the machining process.
- Promote ESAPCO and mentor new employees
- Clean and maintain area and floor space containing the machines.
- Adhere to all safety and OSHA regulations.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of general N/C machine protocols and manufacturing methods
Knowledge of safety requirements and regulations
Ability to read drawings and schematics
Ability to program N/C machines
Ability to produce parts and components from drawings and specifications
Ability to lift 50 pounds
Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
Skill in machine set up and operation
In addition to heavy lifting, this job requires, variously, continuous standing, walking, sitting, light lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling, climbing, and squatting.
This job is required to be performed, variously, in hot, humid, dry, dusty, and cold conditions both inside and outside.
Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics, one year experience in machine operation, communication skills appropriate for the job, and ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision.
Continuous training in machine operation and in company production and safety policies and procedures.
This listing has expired
Skilled Labor Trades
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|