Procurement ManagerFARMTEK, Dyersville, IA
This listing has expired
FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as key management and leadership representative for corporate purchasing.
- Develops, leads and execute purchasing strategies.
- Negotiate and build relationships with International vendors
- Negotiates with vendors for goods and services, negotiating the best possible price and service guarantee.
- Negotiate and issue purchase orders
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance of buyer- supplier power.
- Analyzes the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier and date commodity is needed
- Advises team members or management on the appropriate supplier to be used
- Formulate departmental goals, strategies, operating policies and procedures and directs the implementation of approved and or recommended changes
- Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices and other documents to assure accurate retention of records
- Develop and customize reports utilizing the E10 system relating to procurement
- Manages excess inventory as well as discontinued and nonstock inventory.
- Perform returns as needed
- Responsible for continuous improvement efforts in department
- Manage direct reports, perform performance appraisals, make recommendations for promotions, transfers or terminations
- Guide team members to achieve optimum performance level and be a champion of the strategic plan
- Responsible for the motivation and development of subordinates to optimize their performance and their personal and professional growth
- Help train new team members in the department
- Perform other tasks as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in supply chain management preferred
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Exceptional business acumen to manage product cost and supplier relationships including international relationships
- Strong negotiating and analytical skills and problem solving
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office and Outlook
- Logistics and traffic knowledge
- Understanding of supply chain and inventory management systems
- Understanding of forecasting and budgeting
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Prior experience utilizing and ERP system and knowledge of E10 a plus
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Supply Chain Management/Logistics or related field
- Or equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
- 4-5 years’ experience working in a Manager role in the areas of Purchasing, Inventory Control and Production Planning preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and policies and procedure manuals.
Ability to use Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and be proficient in the ERP software.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to communicate and listen to co-workers and is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment is typically quiet as most of the time will be spent in the office environment. But, may need to perform job responsibilities in the warehouse or production areas as needed. ,
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|