Supervisor - Central Sterilization - Full Time - DaysMercyOne, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
MercyOne Medical Center is a not for profit Catholic hospital serving the tri-state area of Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin since 1879. MercyOne – Dubuque has 263 beds while MercyOne – Dyersville is a critical access hospital with 25 beds and a 40-bed nursing home.
MercyOne offers a full range of acute care services, including invasive cardiology and open-heart surgery, Level II trauma center, Level II regional neonatal intensive care unit, general and orthopaedic surgery, psychiatric services and inpatient physical rehabilitation. MercyOne also operates two hospital-based skilled nursing units, extensive outpatient rehabilitation services, home health care, retail pharmacy and a wide range of outpatient, community and business services. MercyOne’s 1,300 full- and part-time employees and medical staff of 230 care for more than 56,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
The hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission and achieved Magnet designation, the gold standard of patient care, in 2004 and was redesignated a Magnet hospital for the fourth time in 2019.
MercyOne Medical Center is a member of Mercy Health Network in Iowa and is a Ministry Organization of Trinity Health based in Novi, Michigan.
MercyOne is an organization that values and encourages diversity. To learn more about Mercy and its opportunities for employment, please see the postings listed on this site or visit our website at https://www.mercyone.org/dubuque/.
The Central Sterilization Supervisor is accountable for the direct supervision and coordination of unit operations. Provides leadership and promotes team building amongst the staff. Facilitates communication amongst staff, management and other customers. Responsible for effective implementation of policies, procedures and standards. Performs duties in clinical capacity as needed. Supervisor will identify opportunities for standardization and cost containment/reduction. Responsible for identifying physician practice patterns, supply and equipment utilization and staff utilization. Monitors significant departmental trends that can shift/affect the business unit.
- Assist with staffing, planning and control of the operational functions in conjunction with the requirements of all areas.
- Assume responsibility for the department in the absence of management personnel.
- Assist and instruct in the supervision of specialized technical skills requirements and work performance in the department.
- Sterilize instruments, equipment, linen and supplies using various types of autoclaves.
- Assemble all instrument procedure trays, packs, supply carts following prescribed manner using protocol content lists as a guide, mark items with identifying data and distribute or store in designated areas.
- Dispense products requested by verbal, written or telephone requisitions for equipment and supplies.
- Maintain assigned work areas and equipment in a clean and organized condition to maintain required standards for handling of sterilized, clean materials and equipment.
- Maintain and manage staff productivity.
- Responsibility over payroll and staff scheduling.
- Apply Lean concepts to the inventory and work flow of the central sterilization area.
- Develop, plan and monitor staff competency and continuous educational programs.
- Create, update and revise departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for team talk evaluations on all direct reports in conjunction with OR director.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in surgical technology or central sterilization.
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician required within 2 years of hire.
- Child and Dependent Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training is required within 6 months of hire.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|