• Previous
  • Next

Ophthalmology- RN (4 days, 40 hours/week)

Medical Associates, Dubuque, IA

This listing has expired

The Ophthalmology Department at Medical Associates Clinic is hiring an RN to join their elite team of eye health professionals. Ideal candidates enjoy working at a fast pace, always strive for outstanding patient care, are flexible and adaptable, love to learn, and always communicate effectively and professionally.

This RN will support the pre-admission testing area of ophthalmology 80% of the week and direct patient care the other 20%.

Schedule/Hours: This position will work 4 days, 40 hours per week and includes full-benefits.

Location: Ophthalmology Department, Medical Associates West Campus Clinic- 1500 Associates Dr.

About Medical Associates Ophthalmology Department:
•Comprehensive eye exams from ophthalmologists and optometrists
•Diagnose and treat eye diseases
•Surgeries for all eye related conditions and diseases
•Plastic surgery of the eyelids
•Cataract procedures
•LASIK Laser Vision Correction
•Eye care for pediatric patients
•Contact lens exams and fitting by our optometrists
•Full service onsite optical dispensary

Conditions and diseases treated:
•Crossed eyes
•Macular degeneration
•Macular holes
•Retinal detachments
•Diabetic eye disease

Eye surgeries performed by our board certified ophthalmologists:
•Small incision/phacoemulsification cataract surgery with intraocular lens implantation
•Corneal transplantation and refractive surgery
•Plastic surgery of the eyelids
•Corrective muscle surgery for crossed-eyes
•Glaucoma surgery
•Advanced laser surgical procedures aid in the treatment of many patients

Essential Functions & Responsibilities of this role:
Collect pertinent patient health care data, diagnostic testing and treatments. Review medical records and confer with physician/mid level providers to ensure patient needs are met.

Collaborate with health care team to perform nursing intervention according to plan of care.

Communicate effectively with patients, co workers, and others. Promote patient wellness and provide patient education.

Document care provided, including but not limited to: , interventions, medication, patient education, and assist with integrity of medical record.

Demonstrate flexibility in performing other additional duties of patient care. Provide input for devising systems to improve quality and efficiency of patient care and workflow. Participate in required meetings.

Maintain an office environment that is safe, neat, organized, and supplied with necessary equipment, instruments, supplies, and educational materials. Ensure equipment is functioning safely and properly. Perform cleaning and maintenance of equipment according to guidelines.

Facilitate reimbursement of services provided, including but not limited to: charge tickets, referrals, and insurance requirements.

Complete all other assigned projects and duties.


Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
From three months to one year of similar or related experience.

RN License,  Equivalent to a two year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study or certification at a business or trade school.

Keyboarding skills and use of electronic equipment. Use and operate a wide variety of diagnostic and medical equipment. Use personal protection safety equipment including gloves, lab coats, gowns, goggles, and face masks/shields.

A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.


This listing has expired

Job Details

Req Num --
ID 644511
Dubuque, IA
Positions 1
Full Time
Pay --
Health Care
First Shift
Health Insurance
Dental Insurance
Life Insurance
Retirement Plan
Paid Vacation
Paid Sick Leave
Paid Holidays

Preferred Candidates

Years of Experience --
Education Associates

accessdubuquejobs.com is a product of THMedia ©