Production SupervisorFARMTEK, Dyersville, IA
This listing has expired
FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the work activities and evaluate the performance of employees assigned to covers and curtain fabrication.
- Interpret and carry out company policy relative to production and supervision goals.
- Assign work and allocate resources to accomplish company goals. Coordinate work with other company activities.
- Analyze production problems and recommend or implement solutions.
- Assess work order requirements to determine needs and priorities and schedule production to meet sales commitments.
- Read and interpret blueprints and specifications to determine production requirements. Establish work processes and methods needed to produce specified requirements.
- Set up equipment and processes as needed. Recommend changes in equipment and working conditions to increase production activity.
- Monitor quality of production output and make adjustments as needed. Meet with vendors to discuss quality issues as needed.
- Monitor fabric inventory and levels of production supplies and requisition material as required.
- Keep records of significant activities and events related to overall performance of personnel and equipment. Enforce safety regulations and report safety problems.
- Interview applicants and make hiring recommendations. Train new employees in all phases of cover and curtain fabrication.
- Perform production work as needed.
- Be a contributor to the Strategic Plan Bonus program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of cover and curtain fabrication methods and fabric characteristics preferred
- Knowledge of corporate production and inventory control system
- Knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations
- Knowledge of corporate policies and procedures related to supervising employees
- Ability to coordinate complex activities
- Ability to operate production equipment used in cover fabrication
- Ability to respond to complex demands
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be forklift certified through company related training if needed
- Ability to operate material handling equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, banders, hoists and lifting equipment
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- Computer experience required
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Knowledge of corporate production and inventory control systems
- Skilled at interpersonal communication
- Skilled at problems solving and organizational skills
- Skilled at interpreting and reading blueprints and engineering specifications
- Skilled at planning and organizing activities
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma is required. Associates Degree or a Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred. At least 1 year of experience preferred. Must have communication skills appropriate for the job and ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. In addition to the lifting the job requires various carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling and squatting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job is required to be performed inside mostly however this person may be outdoors exposed to all sort of weather elements including hot, humid, dry dusty and cold conditions both inside and outside. Noise level is moderate for this position. ,
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|