Diamond Jo offers many perks for its team members, including a free meal during their shift, a holiday gift check and children's party, an annual picnic, discounted show tickets in the Mississippi Moon Bar and team member appreciation events throughout the year… just to name a few.
Situated in the historic Port of Dubuque, Diamond Jo Casino is an entertainment destination not to be missed! We offer a high-energy casino with nearly 1,000 slots, 20 table games, more than 200 nights of live entertainment each year at the Mississippi Moon Bar, a state-of-the-art bowling center and five restaurants.
Boyd Gaming is one of the leading companies in the gaming industry, but we've kept the culture and feel of a family-owned business, something that makes our Company a special place to work. Of course, few family-owned businesses can offer you the chance to work in an environment of exhilarating casino action, chart-topping entertainment, award-winning restaurants, beautiful environments, and plenty of recreational pursuits. At Boyd Gaming, our business is making sure our customers have fun. Further information about our company as well as our job openings can be found at: http://www.boydcareers.com/
Responsible for the preparing meals according to established recipes and standards and for the daily operations of assigned restaurant.
- Personally and alongside staff, prepare meals according to established recipes and standards.
- Responsible for supervising and directing the work of the kitchen staff in assigned specialty restaurant.
- Responsible for other personnel matters which may include but not necessarily be limited to interviewing, hiring, scheduling, training, coaching, evaluating, promoting, counseling, and discharging.
- Requisition stock according to business needs/pars.
- Ensure that all food products meet quality standards and are properly stored and rotated.
- Ensure that the kitchen, storage areas, and other related areas are kept clean and free of safety hazards.
- Resolve customer complaints about food quality or preparation in an appropriate and timely fashion.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a Sous Chef or other similar position strongly preferred.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of cooking techniques, menus, and recipes for a specific cuisine or style of room in which assigned.
- Must be able to stand for the majority of a shift.
- Other physical demands include but are not limited to grasping, reaching, bending, lifting, and kneeling.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary licenses and/or certifications.
About Boyd Gaming
Today Boyd Gaming is one of the most experienced and well-respected companies in the gaming industry, owning and operating 29 gaming facilities in ten states. Our geographic diversification translates not only into greater financial stability and company growth, but a wide range of career opportunities for our employees.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Boyd Gaming team. We look forward to hearing from you!
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||301 Bell St|
P O Box 1750
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Food and Beverage
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|