The American Red Cross Biomedical Services will fulfill the needs of the American people for the safest, most reliable and most cost-effective blood services through voluntary donations.
The Mid-America Division of the American Red Cross supplies blood products to nearly 250 hospitals in 10 states and across the nation. We rely on the generosity of more than 800,000 volunteer blood donors, nearly 6,200 blood drive coordinators and more than 1,800 employees to collect the blood that helps save thousands of lives each year. The Division's regional offices are located in Madison, Wisconsin; Omaha, Nebraska; Peoria, Illinois; and St. Paul, Minnesota.
The Mid-America Division is one of 11 Red Cross Blood Services Divisions located across the United States. Together, these divisions provide nearly one half of the blood needed each year to treat patients across the nation?about 6 million units.
Blood donors are everyday people with a desire to give back to their community. They are high school students, business executives and everyone in between-people with a generous spirit, whose gift means life to patients in need.
Whether at a blood drive in a community or at a donation center in the city, every one of our donors plays an integral role in the delivery of modern healthcare. Many diseases, surgeries and conditions require blood transfusions in order for treatments to be successful and recovery to be possible.
American Red Cross
Blood Collections Staff Needed– We train!
Customer Service Skills wanted
Join the Red Cross Biomed Team!
Use your customer service skills to excel at saving lives with a phlebotomy career at the American Red Cross. No experience needed!
As the front line of our blood collection services in Dubuque, you will be the face of the American Red Cross to our blood donors, making a personal connection with them and ensuring they have a top-notch donation experience. We’re looking for compassionate people who can connect with others, pay careful attention to details, and support their team while working together to fulfill our mission. This role requires a highly flexible schedule and comes with competitive pay and benefits. No experience is necessary.
We’ll train and support you as you learn your new skills, with our full-time, intensive phlebotomy training program. All costs are covered, and you will be paid throughout the program.
To learn more about being a phlebotomist, watch this short video: rdcrss.org/lifesavingrole
- Balance production, donor care and quality requirements to meet daily blood collection goals
- Take the time to personally connect with donors – listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation
- Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
- Remain flexible to work a highly variable schedule and be willing to give 100% while you’re there
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
- High school diploma or equivalent required – must be 18 years of age or older.
- Customer service experience, effective verbal communication and public relations skills are required
- Flexibility to work long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required
- Ability to load, drive and unload vehicles with or without reasonable accommodation
- A current, valid driver's license and good driving record is required
- Basic computer skills are desirable
- Medical assistant or phlebotomy training preferred but not required
To apply and see a full job description, please visit:
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Volunteer and Non-profit
|Years of Experience||--|