Graphic DesignerClarke University, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Clarke University is a leading independent, coeducational, Catholic university with majors in the liberal arts, sciences and professional programs at the undergraduate and graduate level. Founded in 1843 by the Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Maryin Dubuque, Iowa, Clarke University is an intimate learning community that lives practically by four Core Values: Education, Charity, Justice, and Freedom. These values emanate from its founder, Mary Frances Clarke, the Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and those who follow their example to provide learning experiences that are relevant and forward looking. The Clarke Compass, designed for undergraduate students, integrates the liberal arts, experiential learning, major courses of study, cocurricular offerings and the Core Values to produce career-and life-ready graduates who service the Common Good, defined as that which all members of society need in order to live healthy, fulfilling lives.
Clarke University is committed to fostering a welcoming campus community that celebrates the unique contributions of each person and promotes an inclusive learning environment. To this end, we strive to respect diversity, practice inclusion and seek equity.
For more information, please visit www.clarke.edu.
We are seeking a design expert. Can you grab our marketing vision and elevate it to the next best thing? Want to collaborate with a team of creatives who are as enthusiastic, smart, hilarious, and as driven as you are?
The Graphic Designer assists the Creative Director with the design and production of Clarke University print and electronic marketing and communication products, including brochures, invitations, print and digital advertisements, posters, digital media, and other projects as they pop up. The Graphic Designer is a creative problem solver with the ability to work well under deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously. This person must be able to maintain confidentiality, communicate effectively, and interact professionally in a variety of situations. The pace is fast and every day brings new, exciting, and varied projects.
What you’ll do
- Work with the Creative Director and other marketing staff to produce unique, innovative, well-developed designs.
- Produce graphic designs for brochures, print and digital advertisements, posters, digital displays, flyers, email, web, social media, and other publications.
- Facilitate ongoing development of the website, including: creation of new pages, landing pages, forms, and other edits as necessary.
- Ensure that all designs are properly aligned with branding and marketing standards.
- Work well with others and be flexible in design strategies.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field is required.
- 2-3 years prior experience with print and digital design.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills that support multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and other supporting technology.
- Knowledge of contemporary design practices for both print and digital media.
- Flexibility to respond to deadlines and complete projects within the required time limits.
- Ability to THINK BIG PICTURE about the diverse audiences we communicate with through our marketing materials.
- A healthy sense of humor.
What we offer:
- A collaborative, positive culture. You’ll work with people who are passionate, funny, and ambitious. We are a team in every sense, from bagels in the break room to bouncing ideas around in the hallway.
- A beautiful campus to call your home away from home.
- A comprehensive benefits package.
Submit the following with your application:
- Your resume.
- Cover letter detailing why you are THE ONE for the job.
- 4-6 portfolio pieces that you conceived and executed.
- At least two professional references.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|