Community Outreach InternDubuque Regional Humane Society, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The Dubuque Regional Humane Society (DRHS) is a no-kill open admission animal welfare organization serving the tri-state area since 1901. Our facility admits thousands of homeless animals every year, providing them food, shelter, medical attention, and a second chance at finding their forever homes. The campus features a recently renovated adoption facility and an on-site veterinary clinic. The DRHS is an independent, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Community Outreach Intern
Reports to: Outreach Coordinator
Duration: May 2019-August 2019 / Approx. 20 hours per week
The Community Outreach Intern will assist the Outreach Coordinator by scheduling, planning, and executing various outreach and volunteer activities.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage the online volunteer system; enter volunteer hours, assist volunteers with online tracking system (Volgistics), track volunteer hours, & assist in volunteer appreciation
- Send out volunteer newsletters; include volunteer opportunities, special events, & shelter updates
- Manage various off-site adoption events (Theisen’s, PetSmart, or Petco)
- Assist with scheduling, preparation, set up, tear down, and delivery of Outreach Events
- Contact group leaders to schedule tours; assist in executing tours as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Have steadfast belief in the mission, policies, and procedures of the DRHS
- Willingness to learn
- Confidence in public speaking
- Personable & relatable
- Proficient use of various computer programs, phones, internet, etc.
The Community Outreach Intern will encounter regular exposure to animal odors, diseases, possible contagious conditions, bites, scratches, animal waste, and high noise levels.