As a leader in customized education publishing solutions, Kendall Hunt has been privately owned and operated for almost 70 years. We currently employ approximately 180 people at our Dubuque, Iowa, headquarters, with an additional 70 people throughout the United States.
Our mission is to meet the specific needs of the marketplace in a unique and progressive manner, and we are committed to excellence and employee growth and development.
We offer career opportunities in sales and acquisitions, account management, project development, customer support, information technology, finance, accounting, clerical support and human resources. We provide a comprehensive benefit package and full-time and part-time flexible schedules, including internships.
Our Higher Education Division is a leader in custom publishing of high quality educational products, services and solutions to the higher education market, including digital solutions and eBooks as well as printed material.
Our PreK-12 Division is a leader in publishing solutions of innovative, hands-on inquiry based solutions for the PreK-12 market.
We also collaborate closely with our related educational technology solutions companies to develop and customize publications that integrate multi-media and technology to meet the learning needs and expectations of today’s students.
For more information, visit Kendall Hunt’s website https://www.kendallhunt.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/H
Kendall Hunt’s higher education division is seeking a highly creative, organized and dependable graphic designer to join our marketing team. This role will design and deliver creative materials within the division. This person must be able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, deadline driven environment and be able to multi-task effortlessly.
Who We Are
As a leader in customized education publishing solutions, Kendall Hunt has been privately owned and operated for 75 years. With over 10,000 titles, we offer high quality educational products, services and solutions to the Higher Education academic market, including digital solutions and eBooks, as well as printed material. Visit our website at www.kendallhunt.com to learn more.
In A Typical Work Week, Graphic Designer Will…
- Meet with marketing consultants, editors, and social media team members to identify graphical needs
- Design printed collateral materials (catalogs, flyers, etc.)
- Create and design signage for numerous national conferences.
- Write short advertisement copy for websites, flyers, etc.
- Create layout and design for KH products
- Scans imagery and photo manipulation
- Reviews and approves vendor proofs
- Organizes computer design files and maintains an inventory of design supplies
Characteristics of Who KH Looks for in Graphic Designer
- A top performer that’s used to going above and beyond the minimum expectations
- Competitive, highly organized, and able to work within a team environment and independently
- Someone who possesses enough leadership, motivation and purpose to hold yourself accountable
- Someone that communicates well with authors, editors, and someone that accepts both positive and negative feedback on their work
- HTML, Adobe Creative Suite, and minor video editing experience is preferred
- Positive and have a “can do” attitude towards life
- Previous graphic design experience is a plus
If what we described matches your background and skills, we’d love to talk to you. We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life, STD, LTD, 401k and profit sharing, and PTO. All applicants must have valid driver’s license and bachelor’s degree. Send your resume, cover letter along with what your salary requirements.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Graphic Design/Social Media
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|