Marina Manager (Seasonal 2019)City of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The City of Dubuque has operated under the Council/Manager form of government since 1920. Under this form, legislative responsibility rests with the City Council and administration authority is given to a professional City Manager.
The City Council is responsible for setting overall policies and goals for the City and is comprised of the Mayor and six members who are selected in a non-partisan election for four year terms. The Mayor is the chief elected official and formal representative of the City. The Mayor and two council members are elected atlarge and four council members are elected from one of four wards into which the City's thirty-one square miles are divided. Over twenty boards and commissions are appointed by the council to advise them on a wide range of city issues. The City Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of city government.
Departments include Airport. Community and Economic Development, Fire, Personnel, Building Safety, Health Services, Water Treatment and Water Pollution Control, Administrative Services, Library, Leisure Services, Planning Services, Police, Public Works and Transportation, Housing Services, Human Rights and Operations and Maintenance. The City of Dubuque employs 549 fulltime employees and has a combined operating and capital budget of $180 million.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Under supervision of the Recreation Division Manager the Seasonal Marina Manager is responsible for the day to day operation of the Port of Dubuque Marina including but not limited to developing bi-weekly staff schedules, creating reports for the Recreation Division Manager, monitoring and adhering to all internal cash control procedures, assisting and checking out Port of Dubuque Marina and convenience store and dock customers in a courteous, equitable and efficient manner. Work is reviewed by the supervisor through conferences and results achieved; performs related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY):
- Supervises and directs seasonal cashiers and dock attendants.
- Promptly and courteously greets and assists customers.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Correctly operates cash register point of sale and customer reservation systems.
- Verifies the age of customers purchasing alcohol, tobacco and lottery sales.
- Places all money in cash drawer and accurately completes transactions.
- Follows protocols for acceptance of all forms of payment.
- Observes correct operations of food and concession equipment.
- Practices proper health and sanitation procedures in product handling.
- Stocks and rotates inventory.
- Assists in cleaning of equipment and facilities.
- Perform start-up and closing procedures.
- Follows established City accounting procedures for opening and closing register and processing deposits.
- Assists boaters with docking, fueling, as well as other dock duties.
- Responds to customer’s questions and service requests in a courteous, timely and equitable manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
ESSENTIAL: Ability to meet the public courteously and to obtain and give correct information; ability to operate a cash register/point of sale system and other computer programs; ability to collect, record and handle fees and complete appropriate forms; ability to perform a variety of tasks without close supervision in a safe manner; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and to carry out oral and written instructions; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the general public; ability to follow a management philosophy that is input oriented and values equity, problem solving and the development of partnerships; demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team and a desire to be part of an organization that values service, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork; demonstrated excellent customer service skills; knowledge of food handling procedures and protocols; knowledge of diversity, equity and inclusion; knowledge of applicable word processing programs and social media (Microsoft Office, online reservation systems, facebook, twitter, etc.).
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: Cashier and customer service experience; experience working with a diverse workforce and population; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the essential knowledge, skills and abilities.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Work will include weekends, evenings and holidays. Employees must be at least eighteen years of age.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|