Category ManagerFlexsteel Industries, Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 120 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Louisville, Kentucky; Dubuque, IA; and Starkville, MS. Flesteel also has distribution centers in Kansas, Indiana, California, and Pennsylvania. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
Are you a highly organized individual with a knowledgeable grasp of the global marketplace? Do you have extensive experience in the areas of sourcing and procurement and contract negotiations? If so, you may be the right fit for us. Flexsteel is seeking a talented individual to join our team as Category Manager. This role is responsible for leading strategic sourcing and category management activities including analyzing the company’s spending, identifying cost savings opportunities, evaluating supplier partnerships (capabilities and capacities), contract negotiations, generation of contracts to assure seamless availability of all products, and identification of new global sourcing possibilities. If you possess these skills and think you’d be a great fit, we encourage you to apply today!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the company’s supply portfolio ensuring transparency of spend and risk by spend category.
- Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category management strategies. Negotiate for best possible cost service guarantee and develop “win-win” strategies that achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Analyze and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditures.
- Manage corporate risk and apply risk minimizing techniques.
- Discover and partner with trustworthy vendors and suppliers.
- Works closely with the business unit and operations team to support strategic sourcing projects.
- Leads and manages the development, evaluation, implementation, administration and coordination of sourcing, supplier/commodity strategies, business processes and performance measurement systems.
- Develop best practice sourcing processes, supplier competitive analysis and commodity research techniques and work together with cross-functional groups to implement.
- Manage and mentor staff encouraging professional growth & development.
- Analyze industry trends to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities.
- Develop forecasts for future demand, develop plan for meeting operational requirements and guide supplier diversification to deliver.
- Develop and implement sourcing and supplier selection strategy domestically and internationally.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration with 3-7 years of experience in a progressively responsible procurement, sourcing or supply chain role. Procurement or inventory management certification through APICS or ISM preferred.
- Ability to manage projects and establish clear goals and accountabilities to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria
- Strong analytical, negotiation, contracting, communication (verbal & written), influence and leadership skills.
- Ability to think strategically (business processes, industry dynamics, short and long term impacts, supplier capabilities and manufacturing practices, general market conditions, etc.)
- Results oriented, proactive, independent
- Strong preference for some international sourcing experience
- Advanced systems skills and working knowledge of SAP MM/PP, MS Office, with advanced Excel knowledge
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 2 weeks of vacation (prorated at start date)
- Additional time off for sick or personal reasons as needed.
- 9 paid holidays and one floating holiday
- Section 125 Medical Flex/Dependent Care Reimbursement program.
- Employee discounts with select cell phone carriers.
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities.
- Robust 401(K) with up to 5% matching and counseling services available.
- Performance-based bonuses.
- Employee Assistance Plan which includes guidance from plan administrators.
Other reasons you may want to consider Flexsteel:
- Associate discounts on furniture… yep, you heard that right!
- Free coffee whenever you need it.
- Free covered parking.
- We are a fun collaborative environment where people matter.
- Opportunity to grow your career with the 8th largest manufacturer of furniture in the U.S.
- Casual and flexible work environment.
- We are grounded in purpose: From the Flexsteel family to yours…we’re committed to creating comfort where your life happens.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities.
EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|