Administrative Assistant for NursingNortheast Iowa Community College, Peosta, IA
This listing has expired
Northeast Iowa Community College (NICC) serves the transfer, career and technical education needs of our region’s residents, businesses and industries in a district area that encompasses eight counties and approximately 5,000 sq. miles. More than 28,400 students enroll in Business and Community Solutions courses and academic certificate, diploma and degree programs every year. NICC offers associate’s degrees and general education courses that readily transfer to four-year colleges and universities, and state-of-the-art technology and lab areas that prepare students for high demand careers.
The College has two primary campuses in Peosta and Calmar, and seven service locations in Cresco, Dubuque, Manchester, New Hampton, Oelwein and Waukon, that offer convenient amenities, services, educational resources and computer labs for students.
As one of northeast Iowa’s largest employers, the College employs 680 faculty and staff members, and the average tenure of all part-time and full-time faculty is 12 years.
- Meet and communicate effectively and courteously with students, staff and members of the community. Be knowledgeable about department programs in order to refer students to appropriate personnel for assistance when necessary.
2. Provide support for Nursing faculty.
3. Monitor and maintain supplies.
4. Manage calendar and schedule appointments for program dean.
5. Order, document, organize, and schedule HESI examinations. Provide payment ID codes for students. Provide back up for testing proctor if needed.
6. Update Nursing web site information.
7. Compile accurate HESI results and enter into TSUM in Colleague.
8. Provide referrals to students in need of HESI remediation in Learning Center
9. Prepare and record minutes of faculty, Advisory, and student/faculty meetings. Send completed minutes to affected groups after approval.
10. Type and edit reports and other documents as needed.
11. Organize correspondence, memos, reports, expenditures, and notices as needed.
12. File program documents in a timely manner.
13. Assist in creation of employment or pay recommendations or workloads and send copies to faculty.
Qualifications: Combination of secretarial/clerical work experience and/or post-high school secretarial training equivalent to three years of full-time experience, prefer an appropriate Associate degree. Knowledge of nursing department and educational setting helpful. Extensive experience using Microsoft Word and Excel and knowledge of office practices and procedures. Knowledge of Colleague helpful. Must demonstrate ability to multi-task effectively and work independently. Ability to represent the college in a positive manner with students, clients, suppliers, and members of the community. Ability to handle confidential information in a professional, ethical manner.
Must be highly organized with excellent customer service skills. Ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge effectively
Immediate Supervisor (Dean of Nursing)
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|