Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multibillion dollar, multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the states of Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, New Mexico, Arizona, Montana, Colorado, Minnesota, Kansas and Missouri, with a total of 86 banking locations serving over 100 communities.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol “HTLF.”
Why Heartland? Visit our YouTube page!
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. (Heartland) is seeking a Corporate Controller to join our growing team in Dubuque, IA. The Heartland Corporate Controller is responsible for serving each of the Heartland Divisional Units (Units) as its financial leader. The position will participate and assist each unit in formulating and meeting its strategic business plan and goals; coordinate with Heartland Corporate Accounting, Human Resources and the Project Management Office to ensure alignment between each unit and Heartland in various areas, including capital projects and strategic initiative plans, financial and management reporting, preparation of budgets and forecasts, monitor and track budget variances, track financial progress of unit projects and initiatives.
1. 5 – 7 years of accounting and finance experience with some time in a financial leadership role
2. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
3. Experience with budgeting, forecasting, capital budgeting and business case development and financial reporting required
4. Strong understanding of accounting processes and systems
5. Comfortable and skilled in managing across multiple senior executive lead stakeholder groups to achieve results.
6. Understanding of the technical side of a budgeting and forecasting system
7. High level of attention to detail
8. High level of confidentiality
9. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
10. CPA Preferred
At Heartland Financial USA, Inc., we are one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States. This means great resources and career opportunities for our staff! We can provide you the training and support to develop a great career at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. If you long to join a successful team while expanding your professional skills and experience, then explore a career with us today!
We’re committed to being an Employer of Choice providing a positive, professional work culture that takes care of the welfare of our team members. We believe in:
• Talent Development – We provide resources to support internal career growth
• Recognition and Reward – We provide competitive compensation and rewards programs
• Corporate Citizenship – We’re committed to making a difference in our communities
• Balance – We believe in balance between work, leisure, and wellness
• Empowerment – We help people grow professionally through empowerment to make decisions and take responsibility for them
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including:
• Paid time off, community volunteering, parental leave, and Holidays.
• Tuition Benefit plan
• 401k Retirement plan with company match & Discretionary Profit Sharing plan
• Subsidized Medical and Dental insurance
• Free Life and Disability insurance coverage
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Voluntary Vision, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident plans
• Employee Assistance program for staff and family members
Submit your resume online at www.htlf.com/#/careers
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|