Quality EngineerXLSpecialized Trailers, Manchester, IA
This listing has expired
XLSpecialized Trailers is a market leading manufacturer of custom heavy haul trailers located in Manchester, Iowa. Founded on innovation and commitment to quality - XL has earned its reputation as a premium heavy haul trailer manufacturer through years of providing uniquely resilient, efficient, solutions-based products.
Responsibilities, Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, equipment layout and leading Kaizen events.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished-product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing process.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations. Wears proper personal protective equipment.
- Identifies and anticipates safety and health concerns and hazards by surveying environmental, operational, and occupational conditions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Two years manufacturing experience in an engineering role.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing principles. Six Sigma -Green Belt (preferred)
- Certified Quality Engineer (preferred)
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at an organizational level.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to company values.
- Computer proficiency.
- Knowledge of ISO Certification precess.
- Equal periods of sitting, standing and maneuvering through manufacturing facility
- Ability to routinely lift 20 lbs. and occasionally up to 50lbs.
Post Offer/Pre-employment Physical and Drug Screen Required.
XL Specialized Trailers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|