Community Relations CoordinatorHills & Dales, Dubuque, IA Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Hills & Dales, a not-for-profit human services organization provides services to children and young adults with severe and profound mental and physical disabilities. It has always been the primary focus to serve people with significant medical needs. Hills & Dales values a quality of life that enhances dignity, upholds rights and encourages choices by the individual.
"It is our work, guided by our mission of building meaningful lives to serve our stakeholders; including residents and clients, their families, employees and society at large. We strive to make a positive difference in the quality of life of each individual we support."
Marilyn Althoff, Chief Executive Officer
Community Relations Coordinator
The Community Relations Coordinator provides clerical and administrative support to the mission advancement & community relations office with fundraising programs and community awareness activities, coordinates activities regarding the solicitation and receipt of donor contributions through direct mail and/or other fundraising activities, maintains records and mailing lists, generates fundraising progress reports and assists with organizational publications and special events, to include coordination of volunteers. This role requires a collaborative working relationship with all necessary departments in the performance of its operations.
Full Time – First Shift
- Provides clerical and administrative support for the planning and coordination of fundraising activities such as, direct mailings, campaigns, and special events.
- Provides clerical support to the development office, including typing and data entry of contributions records and tracks donations.
- Enters, and/or follows-up on deposits, gift requests, matching gift contributors, and credit card charges into the database system.
- Maintains database files and records including those used to track contributions; maintains accurate mailing lists.
- Assists with fundraising reports & results.
- Generates labels and assists with the mailing of fundraising materials and/or publications to donors.
- Assists with grant research and grant writing.
- Assists &/or coordinates tours and visits with community members, groups and businesses.
- Provides timely donor acknowledgements to include gift thank you, &/or other donor communication.
- Assists with website maintenance and updates.
- Coordinates and plans social media schedule and communications.
- Assists with coordination, planning, communication and follow up of special events as needed.
- Attends community events as assigned.
- May participate in the recruitment of volunteers for special events as appropriate to the area of operation.
- Assures the confidentiality of all data, including resident/client, donor, employee and operations data.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, Experience and TRAINING
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university in the area of communications, public relations or related field desired or two years of similar educational background (AA) or experience.
- Free of a conviction or prior employment history of child or resident abuse or dependent adult abuse.
- Must have an active driver license with a minimum of 3 years experience in driving. For use of personal vehicle must maintain appropriate level of insurance.
- Ability to sit for lengthy periods of time in an office environment up to 70% of the time; ability to complete data entry in various software programs to include agency selected databases.
- Ability to lift 35 pounds is required; along with travel through out the community as needed.
- Subject to various temperatures and weather conditions occasionally when having to assist with special events and fundraisers; need to be able to assist in the set up and take down of materials used at special events.
If you are interested in applying please visit:
Email to: email@example.com
Offer of employment contingent upon successful completion of criminal background checks and drug screening. EOE
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|